PDA

View Full Version : Opportunites/Training in Sunny Spain

Ronaldsway Radar
2nd Mar 2006, 21:26
Hi all,

I'm planning to move down to Spain sometime in the future, say 2 years from now or so. The plan is to train at Jerez, and see how things go from there.

Here's what i'm wondering about though;

Are there many regional airlines in Spain/Portugal offering oppertunites to fly for them, or even offering sponsorship (that I doubt)?
And what are the chances of something with Iberia/Nostrum.

Currently PPL, 18 and got just enough cash currently to put towards training, but more saving and less binge drinking is required :} !! I am half-way through learning Spanish, and by 2 years time I 'should' be speaking fluently in the local lingo.

As an aside - when I was 15, I got offered full time scholarship with GAPAN, but could not accept due age :( . What are the possibilties of applying to GAPAN and pointing out that they have offered me scholarship in the past? I still have their original letter if it would help.

Cheers,
RR.

ItsAjob
3rd Mar 2006, 07:33
Can I just ask how the heck you have got enough money saved for your training at the ripe old age of 18?
What did you do for a living?

FlyUK
3rd Mar 2006, 09:14
What did you do for a living?

You know that Ģ50 million that got nicked recently?? :eek: :ok:

richiya
3rd Mar 2006, 11:04
Hi Ronaldsway,

The situation in Spain is the same as in most countries for low houred pilots, I speak English and Spanish and have nearly 600 hours, and I donīt even get called to attend the recruitment process, where they can call hundreds of pilots for very few places, on top of that you need very good contacts in the companies to be considered...:ugh:
But by all means, if you want to go to "sunny Spain" go for it, try get your hours up with whatever you can find and once you have the hours you might get lucky!!
Good luck with whatever you do,
richiya

Ronaldsway Radar
3rd Mar 2006, 16:43
Cheers Richi.

The money I got saved was given to me when my dad died, they split the money 3 ways - mum, sister, me. So there ya go! :D

'Tis not a tremendous amount, but it will do for starters lol.

Regards,
RR.