PDA

View Full Version : KA/CX Poaching?

niceneasy
2nd Mar 2006, 12:10
"To poach or not to poach?" - that is the question. Is there a gentleman's agreement between CX and KA that does not allow recruitment from either squadron or is this just a rumour? Any cases? No need to mention names, just stats. Thanks.

Loopdeloop
2nd Mar 2006, 13:29
There was 4 years ago as I know a few tried to move from CX to KA and were prevented from doing so - except the one or two who retired first, hence bypassing the agreement.
I suspect that CX wouldn't honour such an agreement today, if it still exists, as they seem quite desperate to fill those unpopular classic command slots.

SMOC
2nd Mar 2006, 14:11
I know a guy who tried to go from CX to KA twice in '04 & '05 and both times got the reply "we are currently not accepting applications at this time" even though they were hiring like mad.

Dan Winterland
3rd Mar 2006, 02:38
I understand that there's a no poaching agreement. Several people have swapped, but they have left their other job before applying.

oicur12
3rd Mar 2006, 03:38
Yes, there very much is. Not formal, no documents, not even verbally. But you will need to resign from one to go to the other in which case you are left out in the wind briefly.

LocaliserAlive
3rd Mar 2006, 10:06
I know a guy who tried to go from CX to KA twice in '04 & '05 and both times got the reply "we are currently not accepting applications at this time" even though they were hiring like mad.
Could anybody confirm if KA is still hiring or if they stopped? I am about to send my cv but do not have any more info?

Thank you.

LocAlive