PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate the OAT/Transair CD package?

kevmusic
1st Mar 2006, 16:29
Hi all,

New to this site & enjoying it, so wondered about this. I expect there was some discussion when it was new. So what was the prognosis? I've bought it BTW, and I'd like to get some of the ground subjects under my belt before I re-embark on the PPL syllabus, as it shouldn't take me tooooooo long to complete....... :cool:

Cheers,

Kev.

wxjonah
12th Mar 2006, 13:14
Hi Kev

Also new to this PPRuNe lark but like what I see - useful info forum etc.

I got my PPL last Sept & used the OAt CD's. I took Air Law in July 04 & then not another exam until June 05 (due to work etc), when I took all the others in approx 8 weeks. I found I wasn't getting far trudging through the books but the CD's were much easier to motivate & get through. highly recommend them & now going through IMC & Night CD's to follow up.

Shucks - I should get commission from these guys :}

wsmempson
12th Mar 2006, 16:40
I thought that these were great; I went through the cd's a couple of times and then serially took the mock exams until I could consistantly pass them. A really useful learning aid.

Just be aware that you are NOT PERMITTED TO SELL THESE ON once you're finished. I've seen a few people advertise on another website and get pursued by OAT.....

cessnasey
13th Mar 2006, 17:31
you are not allowed to sell these on? how can anyone make that rule?! if i buy something and its mine no one can say what i can and cant do with it!

do you mean you are not allowed to copy these? that would make more sense...

MyData
13th Mar 2006, 18:17
cessnasey et al. I'm no legal expert on these matters (that's the caveat out of the way), but when it comes to software you are generally buying a licence to use the product but not the product itself. Therefore in this case I would expect that the licence isn't transferable and so you *can't* sell it on. A bit like buying a parking ticket in a carpark and then, if you leave early, passing the unused time portion to another motorist: you have bought a licence to use a parking spot for 60 mins, if you no longer need the parking spot you are not allowed to sell on the unused part (pedants feel free to shoot me down).

Back on thread - I'm looking to buy the IMC package of these products - it looks rather good and for the price it is relatively good value in that if it saved me 40mins of revision time in the air it would be worth it.