PDA

View Full Version : Use of CBT's as a supplement

boogie-nicey
1st Mar 2006, 13:38
Just wanted to pass this one by the pprune crowd.

I am about to begin my ATPL distance learning (oh dear :)) and wanted to find ways of supplementing the information derived from the manuals that'll be supplied. As a good starting reference I've bought the Oxford Meteorological CD which seems great. However I note that they are a range of other CBT's available for the PPL syllabus couldn't a few of the relevant ones be used in a partial sense for the ATPLs too. Though they're not strictly for ATPL study use couldn't they nevertheless be utilised to provide a good basis of information? Surely the Human Factors CD must have a substantial bearing even at ATPL level? This way you can top off whatever isn't on the CDs by reference to the manuals and would allow dry subjects such as Air Law to be made more digestible rather than staring aimlessly at pages and pages of of uninspiring text. I am certainly no expert when it comes to ATPL learning resources but I feel there might be some small benefit no matter how restrictive.

Make no doubt I could take the traditional route of reading manuals but would like to know if there are any extra points that can I use along the way.

Good luck to you all and take care flying. :D