PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory question

Towering Q
1st Mar 2006, 10:15
I found this on the CASA website...
All examinations must be passed within a 3-year period, from the date of the first attempt, successful or otherwise, for a candidate to be awarded an ATPL theory pass.
My query is, if I did Human Factors back in August 2003 as my first exam then do I have to complete them all by August 2006? Or, if I haven't finished the last one by then, can I repeat HF and have the 3 year period extend to the date of sitting the 2nd exam?
This would appear to satisfy the above rule as all exams have been completed in a 3 year period, albeit one having been completed twice.:confused:

THE CONTRACTOR
1st Mar 2006, 21:08
No, If you have not got all seven by the 3 year deadline but have 4, you must resit every exam again within your next 3 year period.

Dubya
1st Mar 2006, 21:59
Here's a phone number..... 131 757.

They can answer your question.

AerocatS2A
2nd Mar 2006, 05:58
No, If you have not got all seven by the 3 year deadline but have 4, you must resit every exam again within your next 3 year period.

That just doesn't make sense. I hope they have more common sense than that.

slice
2nd Mar 2006, 07:40
That is correct. I passed the first 6 over a couple of years (self study) then tripped up at Flight planning and voila!! 3 years up and GAME OVER! :{ Had to go back and do the whole lot again:sad: :ugh: - but did Flight planning first this time:\ . Of course it only cost me an extra $100 back then;)

Prop's ????
2nd Mar 2006, 08:12
if I did Human Factors back in August 2003 as my first exam then do I have to complete them all by August 2006?

If you don’t believe you will be able to sit and pass all exams before August, maybe you should let that first one go.

Sit all exams after August.

Towering Q
2nd Mar 2006, 11:47
I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it, I have passed all but Air Law and the two nasties, FP and Systems.:{
Yeah I know, pull thy finger out and get on with it.

Cha
3rd Mar 2006, 01:29
I lost 2 pass credit because of that stupid rule. I took my first one about 2 years and 8 months ago and failed. I decided to stop taking exam and study more before I try again and started again after 2 and 8 months from my first attempt. Within 3 years, I got 2 pass credits but I lost those although I passed all within 6 months. Some people lost 6 credits. I got all valid credits now but someone people lost 6. I talked to many people and many people are not fully understanding this rule.