PDA

View Full Version : CIR Textbooks

Breezy81
1st Mar 2006, 04:21
Hi All,

Just wondering what textbook is best to use for the CIR now that Chris Henry's book is out of print?

NZLeardriver
1st Mar 2006, 04:37
Bob Taite one worked for me.

heliduck
1st Mar 2006, 10:45
Bob Tait wins hands down in my opinion. His teaching background is evident in the way he presents the information making it enjoyable to learn. I gave my Chris henry book to my daughter to scribble in & went on successfully with Bob's book.Hope that helps.

Altimeters
1st Mar 2006, 11:11
Yep I also agree with the above. Bob Tait for sure.

tom19
1st Mar 2006, 12:49
Good old Mr. Bob Tait works like a treat!

planemad_bk
1st Mar 2006, 23:40
Bob Tait helped me to do pretty well in the exam together with Ruth King (practise questions) if you can get your hands on it.

However Ruth King isn't really that good to learn the theory- its the 160 practise questions at the back of the text which are structured exactly like the CASA q's.
The way i studied for it was I read Bob Tait's book for the theory, then did each and every question in it until i got over 95% for every practise exam in that book. Then once I got all those questions down pat I got stuck into those Ruth King questions. The IREX exam was very easy after using those two texts, especially with Bob Tait in the way that he makes things easier to remember. Ie. Alternates Could Very Well Prove Life Savers! PM me if you need any help.
Planemad_bk

Naughty S
2nd Mar 2006, 02:30
Then if your daughter scribbled inthe CHris Henry book she should have gone and sat the irex too as she would have probably passed it!:ok:

When it was current Chris's book was the best no BS book around, now that its out of currency I would say Bob T is your best bet.

Cheers