PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if this is true?

BlenderPilot
28th Feb 2006, 21:44
Is this true? Not that Madero flew in 1911, but was he the first when he did??

Mexican president Francisco I. Madero was the first head of state in the world who flew in an airplane on November 30, 1911. After that experience he trained five enthusiastic pilots: Alberto Salinas Carranza (nephew of later president Venustiano Carranza), Gustavo Salinas Campiña, Horacio Ruiz Caviño and brothers Juan Pablo and Eduardo Aldazoro. These five founded the Mexican Air force. Their bronze busts are exhibited in “Benito Juarez International Airport” in Mexico City.

The first bombardment from an aircraft in the world took place in Mexico. Pilot Gustavo Salinas Carranza and artilleryman Theodoro Madariaga on board the constitutionalist’s army biplane “Sonora” defeated the Federal Government gunboats Guerrero and Moreloson April 15,1914 in Topolobampo Sonora. A few months later on June 28, World War I exploded,

Kermit 180
1st Mar 2006, 05:41
Re the world's first aerial bombardmentfrom an aeroplane:http://www.ntu.edu.sg/mae/admin/divisions/aerospace/fame_1911.htm

This milestone occurred during the Italian-Turkish War in North Africa. Italian pilot Lieutenant Giulio Gavotti earned the honor when he threw four small grenades out of his plane by hand to terrorize Turkish troops below. This constituted the first aerial bombardment in history.

Kerms :ok: