PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Aviation in Aus

0tter1
28th Feb 2006, 03:40
G'day all..

I am an Aussie living in the US and thinking of coming home in the next 12 months. I am currently flying lear 35's and 55's here for a corporate company based in the Northeast. It is a good deal i know but do miss Aus after being here for a few years..
Does anyone have any information regarding biz jets in Aus?? Pay? Hours and req's??

cheers

0tter1

podbreak
1st Mar 2006, 04:12
Corporate av is pretty rough in oz at the moment. There isn't the same proportion of operators in Oz when compared to the states, with only a handful of FBOs and little to no work for private operators. Your best bet if you have a lot of experience is to check out the few FBOs and charter companys (i.e Execujet, HP, pel-air, pearl), but don't hope to slide in, they seem to be hotly contested positions (even though there isn't a whole lot of flying, and pay schedules rival only the lowest brackets in the states). However, on the bright side, the industry is expanding rapidly. Give it 12 months and things could well look a whole lot better.

Its worth a try, but the industry is nowhere near the EU or US (by proportion/population).