PDA

View Full Version : Training provider(S) V's first time job

fatboyslimfast
27th Feb 2006, 11:38
Ok, i know, similar to my another of my threads, but thats caused me even more questions?

I have come to the opinion now, (correct me if im wrong) that first time passes in everything will not improve my chances greatly of getting that first job. But more, it is the quality of the instruction.

Therefore, does it greatly improve my chances of getting noticed if i complete my training at one organisation, as oppossed to going here there and everywhere doing ATPLs, CPL, IR etc etc.

I have made up my mind already, im following the modular route with Cabair. Doing my training with one provider will lead to me being of a better quality, the sort airlines are interested in, as oppossed to being taught CPL by JO bloogs at Bogna school of flying, then IR at Wolverhampton; Thats my opinion. Interested in hearing from guys & girls who got their first job after a matter of months of completing there training, or even those who didn't. Do you agree, or disagree.

STORMER
27th Feb 2006, 13:14
First time passes do count for alot, especially in flight tests such as the IR. So should you not think about where can you get the best training to get your first time passes? Not saying you should go to the most expensive school with the biggest name. I chose to get my ATPL groundschool from a school which specalised in this. Also I chose to do my IR at a school local to me with an excellent reputation. By going down the modular route you should not restrict yourself to one organisation as there might be better options for you.
So far I dont think anyone in recruitment has cared much about where I trainied, but having first time passes in my flying has helped. Also in interviews I have been asked about the decisions I made during my training and could justify them with logical arguments. Only had 2 interviews and been successful in both.

Best of luck with your decisions

tailwheel76
27th Feb 2006, 20:54
If you are getting a first time pass it means you've probably had very good tuition (as well as having worked hard). The best way you will learn is at a place you feel comfortable. Therefore go to the place you think will get the most out of you regardless of whether its fully integrated or "being taught CPL by JO bloogs at Bogna school of flying, then IR at Wolverhampton". I did the later and got a jet job after 8 months and could only speak highly of my varied training background.

I have friends who did the same as me and were instructing for a year or two, and others who did the fully integrated 'label' training and ended up the same, some instructing, some turbo props and some jet jobs. It makes no difference, the most important thing is to feel comfortable with who you train with to make sure they get the best out of you, whether its a label or Joe Bloggs.

Good luck :ok: