PDA

View Full Version : Full Time ATPL Studies

JUST-local
27th Feb 2006, 09:12
Morning All,
I am hoping to start a full time ATPL ground school very soon after finding it almost impossible to self study. (Well done to all the bright self study people!) I have looked at old posts but can't find any info on them. I am considering Glasgow Nauticle College, if anyone has any info on them good or bad please let me know. Any help appreciated. :O

MIKECR
27th Feb 2006, 17:10
JUST - local,

Im starting at Glasgow on 3rd April, thats their next F/T course. There's another one starting in September but I believe there's still a couple of places left for the April course. PM if you like and I'll try and answer any queries.

jace
27th Feb 2006, 17:24
I know what you mean i'm trying to self study at the moment and finding it very difficult also think i will be going down the Full Time route aswel

JUST-local
27th Feb 2006, 21:11
Thanks for the replys,

MIKECT- pretty sure I will be on the full time course 3rd April myself, just a few work issues to sort out next week, called them today and they have a few places left. Quite looking forward to it!

jace-how long have you been trying to self study, its always easier to do something else after work! I admire people who have done the distance learning it takes a lot of dedication and spare time, sadly I only have moderate amounts of both so i'm getting on with the full time before my 29th birthdays ticks round :mad: I'm sure you will make the right choice!

JUST-local

mafoo
10th Mar 2006, 11:53
Hi All :)

I have enrolled in the 3rd April GCNS course as well. Cant find a lot of info on GCNS but have heard it is good. Fingers crossed.

Matt

Fletch
10th Mar 2006, 17:01
On the whole the course is pretty good. The teaching style is very laid back and informal. Subjects are taught from first principles rather than just how to answer quetions.
Plus points; experienced instructors, small class sizes, good pass rates, on site reasonably priced accommodation, gym, library, swimming pool, exam venue, located in the centre of Glasgow.
It isn't perfect but very few things are. For example, the notes don't have colour diagrams like some of the bigger schools. People do however get very high marks using them so, whilst not perfect, is not a major issue.

mafoo
10th Mar 2006, 17:03
Cheers for the info :)