PDA

View Full Version : Some never learn

frankg
26th Feb 2006, 14:30
I see over on the Rumours forum that the Dragonair Pilot's Association has implemented an IFALPA Recruitment Ban.
Weren't any of their committee members in Hong Kong 5 years ago? That sorry excuse for a union at CX tried this already and look where it got them (screwed badly in case you missed it). Their members not only have to fly with guys that broke the ban, the union is actively recruiting them.
Worked well didn't it...

Truth Seekers Int'nl
3rd Mar 2006, 08:15
..............hey franky boy i joined during the "ban" and have never had life so good.........6 months after joining CX i was getting mail from the union seeing if i wanted to sign up.....pussies...... all of 'em....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPT146
3rd Mar 2006, 08:41
The recruiting ban is only for direct entry pilots (captains and FOs) for the 747-400F's that are being introduced at the end of the year. Management want the pilots to except local conditions only and commute at there own expense. Needless to to say the union told them to jam it, and now the company wants do the direct entry thing.

Turbo Beaver
3rd Mar 2006, 14:13
TSI:
Guys like you degrade the profession. An attitude like yours does not help, world-wide.
Recruitment bans are like locks, they are only good for honest people.
TB.

frankg
4th Mar 2006, 00:10
Well that about says it doesn't it. Thanks TSI, I would've asked another moron to illustrate my point but you'll do.

petitfromage
4th Mar 2006, 04:24
TSI thats particularly disappointing of you.

I was no supporter of the ban; I thought it targeted the wrong people and its implications were poorly thought through. In short, Ive supported you and those who joined with you.

Now you go and say something idiotic like the above? Are you who I stood up for?

In the next 6mths the AOA is going to vote on issues that could include DEFOs, Age 60 & RP06. These policies will effect the rest of your career. I dont see that youre justified in calling those who will negotiate and vote on your COS "pussies".

Extremism is neither helpful nor constructive. Ive said the same to some militant guys within the AOA as well. Your goodlife in CX has been in part due to the members acceptance & support of you and an understanding that you joined during very difficult times for us all.

Its disappointing that you dont show them the same level of respect & professional courtesy theyve obviously showed you.

Im sure youre a nicer person & in real life?

sizematters
4th Mar 2006, 07:00
wow, recruitment bans only work for honest people??? You really expect people to turn down their dream job to support those already employed by the company???..................sorry but TSI's description is quite accurate.....it happened with ASL and again with the recruitment Ban................telling people not to take the job on offer?? GET REAL!!!

Guys..... you have the god given right to withdraw YOUR labour in support of your justifiable cause, and all and sundry will support you...................

BUT

Ask other people to withold their labour in support of YOUR cause......................DREAM ON................

petitfromage
4th Mar 2006, 07:56
SM you and TSI have completely missed the point and testy little outbursts just show immaturity.
No one here is arguing that the ban was a good policy (in inception & action). It wasnt, it didnt work & it failed.

Calling people names is simply emotive, purile and unhelpful. It shows a distinct lack of tact and garners no respect, even from those who support you.
In fact - and this is my point - it puts TSI on a par with those people he protests.

Its easy to be 10 feet tall and bullet proof when youre hiding behind a pseudonym on a anonymous website. What do you think standing back at 40 paces and simply slinging sh1t at each other is likely to acheive?

Let it go chaps and try to keep good humour.

Now....isnt this thread really about KA?

Truth Seekers Int'nl
5th Mar 2006, 01:51
..........littlecheese.........you are correct and i do support the union......i just don't forget the late night/early morning phonecalls and obscene literature delivered to me by union thugs in my early days here at CX.............they are the "pussies" i refer not the union collectively.........