PDA

View Full Version : Grade 1 PMI

jaa
25th Feb 2006, 14:11
Any one got any useful questions and answers tips for the PMI exam

Captain Nomad
25th Feb 2006, 22:44
Extra questions were added when this became an ASL cyber exam. Used to be a pretty dead easy exam with 'readily available' access to the questions before then. If you have a really good study of the FAA handbook (and make sure it is the most recent version - I almost got caught out by studying an old one and then had to cram additional material when I got my hands on the most recent copy just before walking into the exam!). Someone has given a link here before where you can download the manual off the net. Make sure you know those 'staircases' of learning - focus on the theory aspects in the first half of the book but be aware that there will be questions relating to practical elements of instructing such as scenario solving "student is doing .... what defensive mechanism is he exhibiting?" etc. Typical of CASA exams you may also find a question or two with the right answer being a one sentence quote from some obscure part of the book with another answer that is awefully similar but not quite as right! :8 :(
Know your stuff, RTFQ and think while you are in the exam (you'll have plenty of time) and you will come out a happy chappy!:ok: ;)

turbantime
26th Feb 2006, 00:59
If you can get your hands on that "practice" exam that still does the rounds around flying schools/instructors then it too will be a bonus. It's a 20 question test and some questions are duplicated word for word in the actual ASL exam.

Bendo
26th Feb 2006, 06:03
...it's legit and free.

Can you see CASA doing this for us? Er, No I didn't think so.:mad:

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aviation/media/FAA-H-8083-9.pdf

Unhinged
26th Feb 2006, 10:11
50 questions. Multi-choice. Study the text in detail. Be ready for some obscure questions for which they want very specific answers, exactly the way they're written in the book. Learn those bloody pyramids.

e.g. (no of course it's not an real one from the exam, just an example to show the problem):
A student was a bit stressed on his last lesson. On his next lesson he may exhibit which of the following behaviours:
a) Overcautious use of the flight controls
b) Being unusually talkative
c) Being unusually quiet
d) Nervousness

Of course, the correct answer (real world, known to anyone who's ever actually flown with a real student) is "all of the above", But the CASA answer will be exactly one choice, and the only way to know which one is to have photographic recall of the text.

No problem to pass it, but study the text thoroughly.

Cha
27th Feb 2006, 10:40
http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/exams/afr1.htm

Had a look this page of CASA website? I read FAA's book and motivation part of business management text and got 82%. Although I took my exam about a year ago, if you read those books few times you should be alright.