PDA

View Full Version : Picamas/Denim Air

Craggenmore
23rd Feb 2006, 16:54
Does anyone know what Picamas is/are? Its a Dutch term I believe.

Addy
24th Feb 2006, 14:00
1500 Euros

Craggenmore
24th Feb 2006, 16:14
Addy,

So a 'Picmas' is slang for 1500 Euros in Holland, like a 'Monkey' is £500 in English?

airpilot
24th Feb 2006, 18:11
yes I've just sent my cv off to denimair. The 1500 euro's I 'm afraid has put me off. I know its not alot but I can't afford it and I'm just being firm.

thebeast
24th Feb 2006, 20:40
Yeah same thoughts here with regards to the 1500 euros. Do you then have to pay for the type rating up front (as i have read else where) or do you pay gradually (also as i have read else where)?

Just trying to find out if it worth 1500 euros

tetebolete
24th Mar 2006, 17:07
how weird nobody says anything about picamas ???
that probably means it is not worthy!
I asked them about real possibilities of being hired and I got no reply!
enough for me thanks!
have a nice day

Flying Farmer
4th Apr 2006, 12:57
Here's the reply I have just recieved after submitting my CV to DenimAir.

"Thank you for your application for Denim Air.

The application will be processed via Picamas. This procedure contains an extensive competence assessment procedure. If you finish this procedure successfully you will be registered in Picamas and offered to any airline requiring pilots. If you fail the procedure you will not be registered and the fee you paid will be returned to you.

You can find information about the competence assessment and information concerning Picamas on the site www.ahfc.nl. If you still have questions after reading this information, feel free to contact us.

You yourself can start the competence assessment procedure by completing the request form on the Picamas site. After completion you will receive a user-ID and password to start managing your data. At the same time you can make an appointment for the competence assessment.

The fee for the competence assessment varies. If you were never tested at our institute before, the fee is € 1500,--
However, if you underwent a selection procedure at our institute in the past, please call our office. If prior material can be used, the fee will be adjusted accordingly.

With kind regards"

Now bearing in mind I am already rated on the ATR, I believe my peers have judged me competent. My next email will be to tell em to stick it where the sun don't shine :}

Edit to add bunch of thieving gits !!

Jinkster
4th Apr 2006, 13:44
I recieved the same saying €1500

Doesnt say anything else.

Could be a con saying just give us €1500

Cheeky :mad: s

Mercenary Pilot
4th Apr 2006, 14:01
HA HA HA!!!

Somebody tell them April fools was 3 days ago!!

1500 euros! Good luck Denim Air, i guess some will be stupid enough to pay this!!

:rolleyes:

Happy job hunting people.

MrMutra
4th Apr 2006, 15:19
I Wonder if they are 2 seperate companies ?

If so, then i also wonder how much money , if any , denim air are making by selling e mails from private and confidential c.v's to this outfit called Picamix. What other information are they selling then ?

If they are one and the same, seems as if denim air want to make a little more money. Like Mercenary Pilot said, there are those out there who will pay this money.

Mr M :confused:

SBAB
5th Apr 2006, 07:06
Hi all,

It doesn't stop after the 1500 euro with Picamus if you have applied to Denim Air. AFter that it is another 35000 euro's for the F50 rating if you don't have one. An old friend of mine worked for them and ran away screeming after 1 year. Besides Denim Air I haven't heard of any other airlines where Picamus is grading for. Good luck to those you are goinf to do it.

Troy McClure
5th Apr 2006, 09:20
And I thought Picamas was a Guatemalan hot sauce...

Must be true - Google said so.

tetebolete
5th Apr 2006, 10:49
i would not mind paying 1500€ knowing i am going to be hired!
but you don´t even know for sure!
they got a lot of clients yeah fantastic!
anyone has been hired?
who is the first to jump?

regards

wilcoluca
5th Apr 2006, 14:04
I received the same message you were referring to. I am trying to contact them because I need to know more informations than those published on their website but it has all been vane. No answer. Not even email replies.

Does anybody else have the same "communication problem"???

MrMutra
5th Apr 2006, 14:23
wilcoluca,

The fact that they want 1500 Euros is enough to put me off, I wouldnt want to even waste the cost of a long distance phone call to them.

You want more information :confused:

How much more must they do before putting you off :confused: 2 maybe 3 or even 4000 euros ? How high do they put the price before pilots stop ?

Oh well its a strange world :)

Mr M

international hog driver
5th Apr 2006, 15:31
The fact that they have had 4 ads in FI in the past 6-8 weeks and still cant get people shows there are problems and not just of the communication kind.

A friend of mine meets all their requirements for DEC and by all accounts they are really trying to find people, yet he was told as he was not typed on the DH8 or FK50 they could not hire him as they could not get sim slots and they had not capability for line training.

This suggests to me that their TRE/I’s have bailed because of the usual reason that management believe that there are thousands of pilots out their……. They still have not learnt that they have to invest in their people or new people.

SSTB

Dont pay the 1500..... make them sweat.

tetebolete
7th Apr 2006, 10:34
yeah I also sent them an e-mail but no reply so far..
not sure about this kind of bussiness anymore..
not even a single person who has done it!
regards

Full hope
4th May 2006, 23:00
Hi,

Just read at ppjn.com

"...

Recruitment Process:
Interview with Manager Flight Ops plus Manager Personnel. Psychological assessment. Grading on Fokker 50.

..."

Any idea on what to expect at each stage??

Brgds.

Full hope.

MrMutra
5th May 2006, 07:19
Be Careful to read everything,

It also says

Preferred method of application:Apply via www.picamas.nl (http://www.picamas.nl) Pay €1,500 up front, if you don't make it through Picamas selection you get your money back. After that if Denimair decides not to recruit you, no refund.

Do a search and you sure youll find the posts quite interesting to read.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212565

Mr M

Full hope
5th May 2006, 10:54
Thank u. But that is not what I was asking for.

Cheers.

IMC007
5th May 2006, 12:25
Hi

I have searched through the forum and read up the various reports regarding DenimAir and the 1500 euros, selection etc but what I would like to know is, has anyone actually been employed by this company within the last say 6 months or is this just a 'scam' to make 1500 euro per candidate.

Would love to hear from any who have joined DenimAir.

RoosterBoost
28th Jun 2006, 04:27
What happened to the whole Picamas-business? I can't see the name Picamas mentioned on the refurnished web-pages of www.denimair.nl.
Has anyone handed in the application? Any replies? Someone......? Anyone.......? :8