PDA

View Full Version : Air TEX

Aussie
23rd Feb 2006, 03:26
Gday all,

Just a quick question in regards to Air TEX. Anyone know theyre min. requirements?

Any inside info on the operation?

Thanks in advance

Aussie

ContactMeNow
23rd Feb 2006, 09:42
Im guessing your refering to Airtex Aviation at YSBK? Personally have not flown for them, but you will probably need around 2000hrs and a PA31 endo would not go astray.

Best of luck

CMN

ComeByChance
23rd Feb 2006, 10:54
For a GA company they are pretty good. They've been around for 20+ years so they must be doing something right.

geeup
24th Feb 2006, 22:09
Does Air Tex do PA31 endos? :bored: Or does anyone do them at BK?

rotate208
25th Feb 2006, 00:05
I have heard that they don't have alot of full time pilots and employ mostly casual pilot. This can mean a lot of time on the ground with no pay in quiet times. This however is not from anyone that works there so it might be untrue.

Anyone that works there can they confirm? Would like to know myself :ok:

turbantime
25th Feb 2006, 04:07
Don't work there myself, but have known/know people who do, so here goes.

They don't employ pilots full-time, but at the same time don't have hordes of casual pilots hanging around. Ie If you're a more senior casual pilot, then expect a lot of work, just on casual pay.

They're a very reputable company with some inportant government contracts to boot so they set their minimums pretty high, then again it's not what you know but......

Aussie,
I'm guessing you are at BK airport already? If so, pop in to their hangar and ask to have a chat with their chief pilot and/or deputy if they're free. This way they'll have a face/personality to the name on the resume of which they receive scores of.

Starts with P
25th Feb 2006, 05:39
They do a lot of Medical Traffic too in Cheiftans, Mojaves and C340s. Very proffessional organisation too. All the pilots I have talked to on air have been supurb!

drshmoo
26th Feb 2006, 08:16
From what I understand all on casuals, majority of work is charter and aeromed in PA31s/mojaves and C340s. The pay from memory is about $210 per flight so some weeks you can clean up, some not great but from what I understand my mates who used to be there would say it was quiet when they were only doing 2 flights a week. When its busy which is most of the time you can be doing 4/5 days a week.
They have metros as well but they dont do much work and they require an endo at your expense for that.
Good way to rack up twin hours while still staying in Sydney

Aussie
26th Feb 2006, 10:51
Thanks for the info guys,

appreciated.

Aussie

LewC
3rd Mar 2006, 21:40
Regarding prospects at Airtex,have a look at the Sydney Morning Herald today.The owner,Dieter Siewert,seems less than optimistic about it's future as a result the business practices of BAL.

kimwestt
3rd Mar 2006, 23:59
:uhoh: :uhoh: :yuk: Interesting to note the comments of BAL's boss regarding predatory or discriminatory behaviour by the landlords towards tenants. If the closing of runways, the removal of taxiways, and the huge increase in rent isn't predatory, then what is? For the government to sell off a public utility that was owned outright, was not in the position of having to make a return on its value, and had been in the public domain forever, says it all, from both the Governments and new owners position.
One would have to suspect that the ratio of non-aviation to aviation related businesses on BK is geared to the direct number of movements of aircraft. The higher the charges, the fewer leases being renewed , the less aircraft movements there are. It isn't rocket science the work out the strategy.

The comment was made that CASA has no concerns over the new developements, what an absurd position to take. The very catchcry of CASA has in the past highlighted the inability of operators to fund effective maintenance on their aircraft, when that operator might be in a struggling financial position.
On the matter of security fencing, the new fence a BK has the security arranged to keep the AVIATION people OUT of the sectioned of land, not, as one might have expected, keeping unwanted persons out of a security area.
A thought for a new political party, Keep the Public Utilities with the Public!! (KEEPUP)

TurboOtter
4th Mar 2006, 03:03
Absolutley KW!!

Typical of CASA, they wouldn't comment against anything, they are becoming so weak in the public eye, yet try to prove their muscle to operators daily.

Can they not see if there is less flying there is less need for people in their offices? They seem to do anything to protect their backside and jobs yet they will not stand up and say "yes the idea of closing down the runway in Bankstown is obsurd and will more than likely cause an accident"

As you said KW Casa have no concerns with the recent developements at Bankstown, honestly I think there are some concerns, but they are all too scared to do anything about it.
It for that one and only reason I say good ol Dick should come back and ruffle some feather!!