PDA

View Full Version : What next???

gavin175
22nd Feb 2006, 20:03
Hi everyone!

First time poster long time reader, basically ive come to my last few months of my accountancy degree, which i started to back me up if my flight career never worked out, Again the same old story have always wanted to be a pilot, sold my tv and other items from my bedroom and worked stalking shelves to fund my ppl, and still love flying and i really dont want to work in an office as an accountant. Ive being told by a few pilots to stick with the accountancy because of better pay and better life, which i annoyed me a bit, i have the finance to fund the integrated route and i have read ample amount of posts on this website and have being researching this since i was 16,but still totally confused wot to do,i was looking at naples air center, and their ab-initio programme,anyone have any info on this,id appreciate it, and ive done a search on all these topics before anyone says to do a search. When i was 18 i got to the final round of the irish military air corp cadetship but was rejected. And i speak two languages, spanish and german, so ive done everything that was advised to me when i was 18, so ive tried to maximise my potential of being hired and now ive come to a stop and dunno wot to do or were to go next, I would appreciate any information.

Thanks!!

scroggs
22nd Feb 2006, 20:31
If you have searched for and read all of the many, many threads about Naples yet you still don't have the answers you're looking for, why don't you contact the school itself? I'm sure they'll be very happy to inform you.

on't get upset about being told accountancy can offer better pay and a better life; it's true for many. If you've been reading here for a while, you'll no doubt be aware of the 'underclass' - the many, many wannabes who paid for their training from loans and still don't have a job, some after some years in the wilderness. This is a risky business!

I hope you've also read the sticky topics at the top of the Wannabes forums; there's a great deal of information therein for people like yourself.

Scroggs

tailwheel76
22nd Feb 2006, 22:11
Flying's the best job in the world, if you've a real passion for it go for it don't be put off by negetivity but listen to peoples advice and experiences. Be prepared for a lot of sacrifices, expenditure and uncertainty once qualified.

Go for the flying school YOU feel most comfortable with, pay them a visit, even if it means a few hundred pounds on a plane ticket. Long term the money you spend on visiting flying schools will be cheaper than spending money on extra hours training in the air because you don't get on with the school. And don't get sucked into the ab-initio training thing as well, look at all the options.

At the end nothing beats the feeling the first time you line up on a runway and the captain says you have control, it makes the hard work worth every little bit (I think). The shelves will be relieved you don't have to 'stalk' them any more.