PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a SIAI-MARCHETTI SF260 engineer

greeners
22nd Feb 2006, 15:56
Pal of mine is looking at bringing one of these into the UK and is trying to find an engineer who knows the aircraft well who will carry out a paid survey of the aeroplane for him.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thanks.

greeners

Rosanna
22nd Feb 2006, 16:34
Pal of mine is looking at bringing one of these into the UK and is trying to find an engineer who knows the aircraft well who will carry out a paid survey of the aeroplane for him.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received, thanks.
greeners
I know an italian technician with a lot of experience on SF260. Is he too far away? He does all inspection to this one http://www.spotters.it/foto/98/52098_1ts.jpg
Ciao!!!
Rosanna

celtflyer
22nd Feb 2006, 16:52
Try irishairpics.com , goto the message board as there are alot of current and ex air corp staff there or at least some who could point you in the right direction. Most of the guys would have had experience on the Marchetti.

matspart3
22nd Feb 2006, 17:24
RGV at Gloucester used to look after the British Midland one (GBAGB)

BroomstickPilot
22nd Feb 2006, 17:33
Greeners,

There is definitely a Marchetti currently resident at Old Sarum Flying Club, and I should be most surprised if it was not maintained by their engineering dept.

I suggest you give OSFC a telephone call on 01722 322525.

Best regards,

Broomstick.

Pitts Flyer
23rd Feb 2006, 21:14
Try Air Training Services at Wycombe Air Park

172driver
23rd Feb 2006, 21:40
greeners,

A friend of mine owns one of these birds; I would imagine he knows an engineer. PM me for details.

stiknruda
24th Feb 2006, 05:48
Does the 260W have type approval in the UK under a type data certificate or is it subject to special authorisation from the CAA?

Stik

TwoDeadDogs
24th Feb 2006, 14:35
hi all
If it's an exIrish Marchetti, the WE is a modified "M".I don't know if they are acceptable to the CAA for the grant of a C of A. Any idea what model Mr.Boot has, given it's ex-military background?
regards
TDD