PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Interviews this week

md83driver
22nd Feb 2006, 15:47
Anybody got the scoop on this week's interviews in Vancouver for Direct entry FO. Any surprises? who are the guys what are their favourite subjects. My turn tomorrow and any help would be greatly appreciated for this wannabe.

md83driver
27th Feb 2006, 23:11
Now that the interview is done and I'm waiting for the result I have had a little time to ponder on the experience.
The XYZ book was OK, only one of the written exam questions was in there-transponder code for lost comm but otherwise was very straight forward, It seems if you prep by that book you should know more than enough.
HR questions were OK, a thorough history based on the resume, why this job, why that? etc nothing too taxing. Why Cathay, what do you have to offer, there are a lot of people being interviewed this week why you? How did you prepare for the interview?

Got on to the technical

RB211 advantages/output
B-747 Winglets why not on the 777
Dutch Roll/sweepback
Configuration of the new Freighter-what happens to the upper deck?
CFM 56
EPR
GPWS-how does it work
EGPWS-what is the difference
TCAS II
Why does Cathay turn from RA to TA after an engine fail as part of the checklist?
ISA calculation
C of G, advantages/disadvantages/stall recovery
Windshear-predictive-recovery procedure
VMCG
Critical engine in a crosswind

Overall no great surprises but still stumbled on a few questions. This was not through lack of effort studying, there is so much that you need to know and the style of questioning leaves you wondering whther you have said enough, need to add more..designed to make you feel a little uncomforatble I think.

Be interested to see in some other feedback

virgile
1st Mar 2006, 17:49
Thanks for feedback
i'm going for my 1st interview end of March in Paris
will post feedback when completed
good :mad: to all

V1V2VR
2nd Mar 2006, 21:16
Thanks from me too; interviewing in NYC late in March!

memoryitems
3rd Mar 2006, 06:47
Thanks from me too.
I'm in Paris on march 21st.
By the way: why 777 no winglets and what happens to the upper flight deck on freighter ?

V1V2VR
3rd Mar 2006, 17:21
Soooo, what happens to the upper deck on the converted freighter?

CAT3A
3rd Mar 2006, 20:42
I am going for my 1st interview end of March as well and from my research until now I think the feedback from 83driver is very accurate.

Again thanks a lot to everyone for all the info.

extreme P
6th Mar 2006, 17:00
http://www.boeing.com/news/feature/paris2005/assets/bca_pdf/specs/747_Special_Freighter.pdf

mgcastrol
10th Mar 2006, 03:20
Soooo, what happens to the upper deck on the converted freighter?
Capable of seating 19 people my Dear Friend
Pegasus,I will be in new York on the 20th

V1V2VR
10th Mar 2006, 11:54
No winglets on the 777 because it is such an efficient wing and not necessary

memoryitems
10th Mar 2006, 16:37
Thanks to all of you.