PDA

View Full Version : BA AIR TRANSPORT WITH PILOT TRAINING BCUC

Ringway004
21st Feb 2006, 11:36
Is there anyone out there who's enrolled on the ATPL BA Hons degree at buckhinghamshire chilterns university college? or already on the course, if so what is it like, how intense, ground school etc and interveiw selection:) any info would be helpful, thanks

Dozza2k
21st Feb 2006, 12:18
someone i know is on his first year there. i'll see if he'll answer those.

rich poole
22nd Feb 2006, 17:50
Ringway004,
I have been looking at starting this course in september, regards the selection its more of an assessment i took mine last tuesday and passed. :D Just revise basic maths and physics to GCSE standard. Have you looked at the cabair website? Heres some sample questions. http://www.ccat.org.uk/fw_assessments.htm
then theres the pilapt tests, simple really, hand/eye etc. They then say you have an interview, its not, more a chat to see you no what the whole things about and you talk over your test results.
With regards to the BCUC side i believe the first year is light on workload, but that the ppl training is good. The second year is spent at cranfield uni doing GS and then off to OFT to carry on with the flying. third year is spent back at uni finishing of the degree then your IR and MCC is completed in between june and september. if you need any more info pm me.

Rich

Ringway004
23rd Feb 2006, 11:24
Hey cheers for that, I can't wait for my aptitude in April which is a while from now, but I guess I've got plenty of time to revise for the maths n physics, incidently do u know what the pass rate is for both papers? I assume it's about at least half:) I've also herd u've got to wear a suite:bored: , getting a bit over excited now:cool:

rich poole
23rd Feb 2006, 16:30
Hi
Pass rate is 70% on both pappers, sounds high but if you revise well theres no problem there. weather to wear a suit or not is up to you. I just ware a suit but minus the tie. Smart will do it though. I have a list of everything they will test you on if you pm me ill send it you. have you been offered a place from bunkinghamshire then?

Good luck for April
Rich

Ringway004
23rd Feb 2006, 17:26
sounds alright that 70%, ye i'd really appreciate it if u can give me a list;) Ye i've been offered a conditional place on the basis of a satisfactory interview and 180 ucas tarrif points, wot bout u?

rich poole
23rd Feb 2006, 17:28
The same but ill like to think ill exceed the 180 ucas points bit lol
ill send you the stuff they sent me. any more questions just drop me a line.
Rich

Ringway004
23rd Feb 2006, 19:44
:) hi, just about the physics erm... do they cover the whole sylabus ie elements of waves and electricity or just certain topics, from what i've herd there's alot about forces and motion,