PDA

View Full Version : Information on ATPL

Allioth
20th Feb 2006, 14:42
Hello everyone,
I'm an Italian cabin crew working in London and thinking about doing the ATPL course.
I have 0 hours training so it would be ab-initio...
Every time I fly I always go to the flight deck to ask to the pilots about their experience, but I need more to have a better idea of the situation.
I have three names from all the pilots I asked some information:

Oxford Aviation Training (Here in UK)

Good:

One of the best schools in the world (they say, I repeat...)
JAR school
Airline Jet Orientation Course at the end of ATP
They almons guarantee you a job at the end of the course and they are so sure about themselves, that they actually give you the loan to do the course through HSBCBad:

60.000 ENGLISH POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And then I have two schools in USA: Flight Safety and American Flyers.
Pilos say that these are the best schools in USA and that if you want you can do the training as JAR OPS... Is that true?!?

Is it better to have a good school name behind you when you try to get a job, or is better to save money and chance it when you go to the interviews?

The most important thing: I don't have ANY money, and I would require full founding for the training... My parents can't afford it and they can't also give theire guarantee to support me with a bank...
I'm on my own...

What do you suggest?
Thanks for everything

Allioth

scroggs
20th Feb 2006, 17:58
Oxford do not 'almost guarantee you a job'. Have a good look around this forum; you'll find plenty of ex-Oxford students (and others) still looking several months or even years after completing their training. Nor do Oxford guarantee you the money to do the course (I think you'll find it's a lot more than £60,000!). If you are accepted by the bank (the loan is not 'given' by Oxford) for the loan, you are likely to be liable for repaying the loan immediately on graduation, whether or not you have a job.

If you really have no money and no access to money, I'm afraid this career may remain closed to you.

Scroggs