PDA

View Full Version : F15s Crash, 26 Mar 01 - RAF BoI Findings

Brian Young
20th Feb 2006, 12:59
With reference to the continuing saga of the two USAF F15s that crashed into Ben Macdhui on 26 Mar 01, and the subsequent exoneration of Flt Lt 'Spot' Williams of all charges laid against him at his Court Martial in Feb 03, some of you probably know that the RAF has only recently published its findings.

It is the contention of the support group to Flt Lt Williams that the recently published findings of the RAF Board of Inquiry are severely flawed in that they attribute cause of the accident to the actions of Flt Lt Williams. For information on this go to www.pprune.org and look for Dick Doleman's statement on Other Aircrew Forums / Military Aircrew. The thread is titled: F15 Board of Inquiry Report - Support Group Response.

Members of the support group have contacted, or are about to contact, their MPs about this. Dick Doleman the support group organiser has asked me to co-ordinate this for him. Should any other member of the profession wish to help in this way, by contacting their MP, would they please contact me so that I can inform them of the issues and the best way of going about it. This is also being done so that the MPs involved know of other MPs being contacted. In the first instance send me a short personal message on the pprune site, if possible with a contact number so that I can phone you.

Brian Young