PDA

View Full Version : Picamas / Aviation Human Factor Centre

Permafrost_ATPL
20th Feb 2006, 10:04
Anybody has any information on the Dutch Picamas system? It's run by Aviation Human Factor Centre in Utrecht. Would like to hear from people who went throught their selection. Did it lead to jobs?

Thanks

P

fladder
20th Feb 2006, 12:19
Yes it did. All the hired transavia FO's had to do their selection. Same for the Denim air pilots, KLM and martinair seemed to do their selection also in Utrecht (Maarssen)

For info, pm me

first_solo
20th Feb 2006, 13:47
Transavia did only use a small part of the Picamas grading.
Until now only Denim wants you to do the whole picamas grading before entering their selection process.

Permafrost_ATPL
20th Feb 2006, 15:30
1500 Euros is a fair bit just be to be eligible to be interviewed by an airline! I guess at least they give you your money back if you fail the selection...

P

Fokker 100
21st Feb 2006, 09:35
Don't forget to mention the 30000euro's you have to pay to get
into Denim. Damn!

thebeast
21st Feb 2006, 19:10
I saw the advert for Denim Air in Flight International and thought excellent a possible job opportunity. But on closer inspection...

But 1500 euros just to join what sounds effectively like a recruitment agency then have to stump up for the type rating..... madness total madness

SBAB
9th Mar 2006, 08:00
30.000 euros for a F50 Type rating, are you NUTS:eek:

tetebolete
9th Mar 2006, 09:07
anyone trough this new type of bussiness?

EGBKFLYER
9th Mar 2006, 10:03
Yes it's funny what a five minute dig shows up eh?:rolleyes:

I too saw the ad in Flight. Looked too good to be true (i.e. low timers wanted for job!) - sure enough you follow the various links and come up with a €1500 fee for something that might lead to something that might lead to something.:*

Whay can't they just say so up front and save us the research - or are they trying to hide for a reason...