PDA

View Full Version : Eye Exam

Aviatah
19th Feb 2006, 23:32
10th March is my eye examination.

Do your eyes have to be top notch? I have a feeling I might need glasses.

With the DAME I could read the bottom line of the chart, but with covering the right eye using left it was good. When I covered left and used right, it went blurry and the letters changed.

I have seen pilots wearing glasses so I'm pretty clueless as to what goes on here with eye sight.

This is the CASA eye examination by the way.

Any information would be grand.

Hawk
20th Feb 2006, 01:56
Aviatah..might be worth doing a "search" on this forum, quite a bit on eye examination. Also check out the links above.
cheers
Hawk

welliewanger
20th Feb 2006, 12:43
Take a look at this document.
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=2189

That's all the info you need. Basically, so long as your eyesight isn't abnormally bad, then it's OK.

Aviatah
20th Feb 2006, 18:55
Just read that document. Should be OK, My eyesight with eyes is clear and I can read fine, however closing my left eye, things blur when looking through right eye only. That's the only thing bothering me. But, we'll have to see on 10 March. :8

geezajob
23rd Feb 2006, 10:29
Aviatah,

I had the same worry as you, except the opposite eye. Never been to gatwick for the eye exam yet, still at uni and spend a lot of time staring at computers which doesn't help! Anyway, I printed off the CAA eyesight requirements and went to a good, hopefully, optimologist. £20 and 15 mins later he said I've nothing to worry about. Its not concrete I don't suppose but a quick and easy way to put your mind at rest. Or otherwise!

G