PDA

View Full Version : bmibaby registration form 500 characters?

Mooneyboy
19th Feb 2006, 15:44
Hi just a quick question to ask concerning the bmibaby registration online form. On Q22 it asks a potentially long winded question which states, '500 characters max'. Does characters mean 500 words or 500 individual letters and spaces? This could result in a big difference when answering the question.

Any advice much apprecitated.

Regards,

Mooneyboy

ChocksAwayUK
19th Feb 2006, 16:09
Dictionary
character |?karikt?r| noun 1 the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual : running away was not in keeping with her character. • the distinctive nature of something : gas lamps give the area its character. • the quality of being individual, typically in an interesting or unusual way : the island is full of character. • strength and originality in a person's nature : she had character as well as beauty. • a person's good reputation : to what do I owe this attack on my character? • dated a written statement of someone's good qualities; a recommendation. 2 a person in a novel, play, or movie. • a part played by an actor. • [with adj. ] a person seen in terms of a particular aspect of character : he was a larger-than-life character | shady characters. • informal an interesting or amusing individual : he's a real character. 3 a printed or written letter or symbol. • Computing a symbol representing a letter or number. • Computing the bit pattern used to store such a symbol. 4 chiefly Biology a characteristic, esp. one that assists in the identification of a species. verb [ trans. ] archaic inscribe; engrave. • describe; characterize : you have well charactered him. PHRASES in (or out of) character in keeping (or not in keeping) with someone's usual pattern of behavior. DERIVATIVES characterful |-f?l| adjective characterfully adverb characterless adjective ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French caractere, via Latin from Greek kharakt?r ‘a stamping tool.’ From the early sense [distinctive mark] arose [token, feature, or trait] (early 16th cent.), and from this [a description, esp. of a person's qualities,] giving rise to [distinguishing qualities.]
I suspect the more important question may be the one about :"Do you know anyone at BMI or BMI Baby who will support your application" :}

scroggs
19th Feb 2006, 17:33
Characters means exactly what it says: letters, symbols or numbers. It does not, nor could it ever be taken to, mean words.

Scroggs

Mooneyboy
22nd Feb 2006, 08:03
Thanks guys. I was 80% sure that was what it meant. Just had to make sure.

Yes it would be nice to put down you know someone in bmi and put down you have a type rating but unfortunately I have neither. Maybe a bit more money and contacts needed.

Once again thanks:ok:

Mooneyboy

FougaMagister
22nd Feb 2006, 08:29
I have put down the name of 12 or so CPTs/FOs I know (and work with) at baby. Does it help? Well... no! :{

Cheers