PDA

View Full Version : RNZAF AirCrew Aptitude test

cambi
18th Feb 2006, 11:43
Hey guys,

Last wendesday (15th of feb) I attended the RNZAF Aptitude test in Auckland, to cut a long story short i failed by 4marks, 2 on the 1st test (General Maths) and again by 2 on the 2nd test (Aviation Reasoning).
I passed the Instrument comprehension by +5marks.
Anyways for the people in the know the wait is another 6months before I am able to resit the same test (so i am lead to believe).
I have talked to a few AirCrew (mostly Pilots) who all have failed their 1st attempt at these test which is a little better to hear.
But i would like to know if any help is available from anyone.
The sample questions that the RNZAF provided were no help at all, I felt that the sample questions were simple yet the real test was alot harder. I will be attempting the Aircrew test again in 6months time.
If anyone is able point me in the right diretion in terms of study and good relevant questions (esp questions involving Aviation reasoning) that will increase my knowledge for next time as i am so passionate to become a Pilot in the RNZAF
I will continue to study the questions that i have made up but any help will be so helpful to my future test

thank you cambi

wishtobflying
18th Feb 2006, 19:43
Wow - in Australia you "passed", or "failed", they don't tell you by how much! If you have practice questions, try creating a whole list of questions based on the format of those ones that you can just keep doing until you have nightmares abut numbers in your sleep.

I'm not sure what your Aviation Reasoning entails, but if it's like ours I'm not sure you can prepare for it really.

michael1978
19th Feb 2006, 02:21
Try purchasing some flight aptitude tests from Amazon.com. For example, Military Flight Aptitude tests by ARCO or from Cliffsnotes.com. They are based on the American system, but they were similar to the Australian tests.

Good luck.

cambi
19th Feb 2006, 09:55
cheers guys
yeah ill i need is some relevant questions because the sample questions given by the RNZAF were not quite up to the standard of the real tests.
dose anyone know where to find any sample question from the RAF or other Air Forces?
thanks again - Cambi

cambi
19th Feb 2006, 10:00
the aviation reasoning was maths questions involving aviation, You Know if plane one flys X KM/h And another flys in the opposite at Y KM/h they are D KM away from each other where wil l they meet?

Those sorts of quetsions all involving Flying language and situations
- Cambi