PDA

View Full Version : Useful websites

jonnoboy
18th Feb 2006, 10:03
As a keen pilot and aviation enthusiast, I , along with many of you reading this I'm sure, enjoy reading up on aviation related subjects, whether it be flying techniques, system operations or weather etc. I often find useful websites to look at on PPRUNE I never knew existed and would probably not have ever found it.

I'm interested of any websites that people have found, which could well be gems. From weather to flight planning, flight training to flight theory, engine management to aircraft reviews.

I had a great list of favourites before my hard disk required formatting and may never find some sites again.

Just so i'm contributing, one such website I remembered is http://www.avweb.com with excellent articles by a chap called John Deakin. A few of his articles really helped before getting checked out on a complex single.

Link away,

jonnoboy

RudeNot2
18th Feb 2006, 13:01
One that I find useful in the run up to the weekend's training flight is WeatherWeb.net (http://www.weatherweb.net). For some reason though the Weekend Aviation VFR Forecast has not been updated in a number of weeks (or maybe it's just me!!).

Also through this website you can register with AWIS (Aviation Weather Information Service) who send an email on a daily basis with a breakdown of the weather in basic terms.. I'll get round to studying Met one of these days!!

Safe flying folks..

BRL
18th Feb 2006, 14:01
Good idea but, just try and remember the advertising rules on here please when thinking about threads like this. I am often very lenient regarding links to other sites on here, other mods are a lot stricter than myself, just look at some of the other forums and see what they don't allow. I often get told about links that are to other aviation related sites, in the rule book here they are not allowed but I do let some go now and again and I try and give as little input as possible just to enough keep the forum flowing nicely as it is right now, it is doing well. I have to be realist though, if I removed every link to another site then the forum would be quite dull and as I say, it is thriving well now.

Another important point being is our advertisers don't like links to other sites that may be in opposition to them so you must expect the old delete button working now and again.

Anyhow, I am going to close this one before it gets too much like a free for all, I try and balance things but if I go too far, which could potentially happen here, then the forum loses it's edge a bit. (and I get loads of hassle from you lot!!)

Standard reply now, if you disagree with me, drop me an email or a PM, and we can continue this then. :)