PDA

View Full Version : Different JAA exams between states!

Jimmy The Big Greek
17th Feb 2006, 22:21
I have both the italian question bank and also bristol feedback question banks.
I have noticed that the U.K exams are much more difficult than the Italian.

The questions are basicly the same but when you are to select the right answere I found the U.K papers to have MANY "traps".

Can someone confirm this. I thought that the JAA exams where exactly identical.

lennu
21st Feb 2006, 15:36
There is a central question bank that national CAA`s can take there pick of questions from.I have also been throu the Bristol feedback but i did my exams in Finnland and there questions were straight forward and without "traps".Also in met. threre were almost no questions about what the weather would b at this time of the day in south east asia etc.
Best thing would b if u could get a look at the UK questions and get a feel about what they consider most important(and that they have most questions about).
Hope this helps u a bit. Good luck on ur exams:}

Superpilot
21st Feb 2006, 16:40
Sorry if I have misunderstand but are you saying for a British ATPL Students taking the exams in the UK it's not worth looking at the Italian or any other countries feedback?

Thanks

Jimmy The Big Greek
21st Feb 2006, 16:52
yes superpilot. I can confirm this. You are better off using the bristol feedback. Basicly they ask the same questions but the answeres you have to choose from have "traps". In the UK exams sometimes all answeres given are true but you have to select the most right.:ouch:

In the Italian and spanish feedback the correct answeres are more easily identified.

Good luck and happy flying :rolleyes:

rwhites
27th Feb 2006, 19:36
I have used both the Bristol feedback and the italian dater base and got my hands on some caa old questions. just done a got my results from my last sitting. found that there are a few mistakes in the Bristol feed back more than in the italian one. but you if you just learn the feed back does not mean you'll pass. read the books as well. the last sitting had load of new questions in the exams.