PDA

View Full Version : Updated licence

Cha
16th Feb 2006, 12:42
I have done my CIR renewal early January and still waiting for updated licence. I have already done security check.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get new one?

zepthiir
16th Feb 2006, 12:58
have you checked with CASA to make sure the paperwok was actually logged with them?

I had an extra couple of weeks to wait getting my PPL cause my flying school at the time was too lazy to walk the 10 steps across to the CASA office to lodge the test forms.

I am also still waiting for my CSU endo to get acknowledged on my licence for the same reason. Had to show CASA the signed off endo in my logbook to get them to check it up.

If the paperwork is with them then you will probably still be waiting awhile so they can justify the huge charge they'll hit you with to reprint some paper.

Di_Vosh
16th Feb 2006, 19:08
Don't sweat it too much, Cha.

It took three months for my MECIR renewal to come through.

When I rang CASA about the delay, I was told that all the processing was now done there (no longer at the regional branches) and that there was "a backlog" as the Canberra staff were struggling to deal with the extra workload. :confused:

DIVOSH

Edit: Agree with Z's post above. Worthwhile to check

Cha
16th Feb 2006, 23:49
I thought they are just taking time for security check. I'll call CASA to check my paperwork and wait.