PDA

View Full Version : Nav Canada Charges

nouseforaname
15th Feb 2006, 19:25
Has anyone heard of Nav Canada charges?

Recently had an aircraft delivered from the US through Canada etc. to the UK.

They only want £175 or something but just wondering if anyone else had got collard for this?

Thanks in advance.

Chilli Monster
15th Feb 2006, 19:29
Standard practice in Canada and no different to paying En-Rte Charges in European Airspace. Perfectly normal I'm afraid.

SkyHawk-N
16th Feb 2006, 06:43
Perfectly normal I'm afraid.

I concur.

Nouseforaname. Did a ferry company deliver it for you? If so, I would have thought the charges should have been included in their fees (?)

Skyhawk.

flyingfemme
16th Feb 2006, 11:31
Two types of Nav Canada charges - domestic and international.

For something small the domestic portion would probably be a quarterly charge; they are for anything up to 3MT and there are two bands. IIRC C$30 or C$60 ish.

The international charge is in two parts; enroute and comms.....it's the same charge for any size aircraft and around C$160 total.

Don't forget the Denmark and Iceland charges (collected by the CAA) which are £19.68 per leg that involves Denmark (Greenland) or Iceland.

Check your ferry contract to see if you, or the company, are liable. A reputable ferry company takes care of this and has an ICAO callsign/flight number so that customers are not bothered with this stuff :cool:

Nav Canada and the CAA will take a credit card by fax to pay for these bills - so at least you don't pay wire charges.