PDA

View Full Version : BA Connect deception

Avman
14th Feb 2006, 18:47
Flew DUS-BHX-DUS sectors with BA. I noted, somewhat surprised, that all announcements clearly identified the service as BA CONNECT! Considering that at present they still have Club Class and complimentary food & drink service in economy, this is somewhat deceptive. BA CONNECT in reality takes-off 26 March and will be a no-frills single class product. Not very clever, IMHO, to promote the present service as BA CONNECT when in fact it won't be anything like this when it officially kicks-off.

Globaliser
15th Feb 2006, 13:21
I think that BA Connect became the operating carrier on 1 February, even though the service hasn't yet changed. I agree with you, though, about the possible motives behind being so technically precise at this stage.

moku
16th Feb 2006, 10:17
At present the only ref to "BA Connect" should, and as been on the flights I have flown on, during the welcome aboard PA. After that the service should be refered to as British Airways. After the 26th March all references should be "BA Connect". The exception to the rule is the LCY flights, which will still be "British Airways flight operated by BA connect" as they will continue to be full service two class flights.

So if it is said correctly there is NO deception there.

M.

Avman
16th Feb 2006, 16:21
Sorry MOKU, I'm not with you at all on this. If the PA welcomes the pax to a BA Connect flight, the pax will identify the service as that of BA Connect (which it isn't). At no time do the crew infer that the "service" is that of British Airways. I stand by what I said above. The "deception" for me will come when pax fly on a BACON flight after the 26/MAR to suddenly discover that what they were experiencing (in terms of catering) between now and then no longer exists.

apaddyinuk
16th Feb 2006, 17:09
Avman, its prob the crew making a slight mistake in the PA (Which is no excuse really but suppose they are still getting used to it). Perhaps they should be saying welcome aboard the BA flight operated by BA Connect in a similiar fashion to those BA flights operated by GB and Bmed!!!

Wonwing Lo
16th Feb 2006, 22:05
Exactly Paddy. Up to 25/03/06 "...operated by BA Connect, 26/03/06 onward it becomes "... BA Connect service...":ok:

Human Factor
16th Feb 2006, 23:00
There is actually a legal requirement to identify who is operating the flight in the initial PA. Hence, "BA Connect" or "British Airways flight operated by BA Connect". In actual fact, what service is offered is technically irrelevant in this case although I appreciate it makes a difference to the people buying the tickets.

marlowe
17th Feb 2006, 18:29
To be honest, we the crew have no idea what we are supposed to be saying especially when you add the LCY routes into the equation!!