PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Manchester Airport ATC (Merged)

babydeb
3rd Feb 2006, 17:11
Hey everyone

I have booked a visit at Manchester and was wondering whether anyone can tell me what I need to know, what I need to do and whether I would be tested or anything? Don't want to make a fool of myself.

Also, is Air Traffic Control by Graham Duke the most suitable book to read before an interview?

Many thanks

Bee x

chiglet
3rd Feb 2006, 21:01
As it's a "visit", just look,listen, ask questions and "absorb".....:ok:
We do not bite..well,not often :p
Look at the AIP [www.ais.org.co.uk] for Manchester. Try a "search" for Manchester on the various engines. Search Pprune ATC and other threads
When you do come for a visit, enjoy yourselves...you are there to learn not be tested..........yet
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

bagpuss lives
3rd Feb 2006, 21:35
And avoid the 10p coffee machine.

EGCC Rwy 24
5th Feb 2006, 08:28
A very hospitable bunch of guys and gals.

:-)

Nick (http://www.reportingpoints.info)

Aerodave
14th Feb 2006, 12:30
Hi all

I’ve got the through to the final interview for the NATS trainee program, at the first stage the ATCO suggested any person getting through to this stage visit their local ATC unit for a afternoon to get a feel for the job.

I’ve been in contact with HR at NATS twice but they seem to be dragging their heels and my interview date is fast approaching

Question:

Are their any Manchester controllers or anyone who knows someone who can give me a contact at Manchester Airport to try and organise a trip directly.

Cheers

Aero Dave

PS: Anyone have information about how many get through the interview stage and actually get one of those sacred jobs in ATC.

PPS: This is my first post so be gentle.:O