PDA

View Full Version : FAA PPL and ATPL theory

grumman_driver
13th Feb 2006, 19:49
I have been advised by the Polish CAA of the need to convert my FAA PPL to the national one in order to train for CPL and eventually ATPL.
Would somebody point me towards the right JAR-FCL regulation that allows ICAO PPL holders to train for CPL/ATPL?
thx
Kris

Damienmk
13th Feb 2006, 22:15
I attained an FAA PPL and built hours in the USA prior to doing my CPL/ME/IR training in the UK. At no point did I have to convert my FAA PPL and I now hold a JAR fATPL. It's not an issue in the UK, however I can't speak for the Polish authorities (assuming that is where you are going to be doing your CPL training).

grumman_driver
15th Feb 2006, 09:27
That's what I reckon, but how can I argue my point? Does it stand somewhere in JAR-FCL that one needs NOT a JAR PPL in order to train for CPL/IR?

learboys
15th Feb 2006, 11:05
I think they are pushing you in the wrong direction, the requirements for ATPL can be found on the UK CAA website. It clearly states that an ICAO licence is valid and there is no need for you to change your licence. I hold a South African PPL and am currently completing my Jar ATPL as well as many other pilots

Who ever gave you that info must read up

follow this CAA LINK http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20D.pdf with regards to the requirements.