PDA

View Full Version : Looking for French military pilot met during Desert Shield

KC135777
13th Feb 2006, 19:15
Flew KC135s out of King Kahled (sp?) Int'l Airport on the north side of Riyhad, SA during Aug - Nov 1990 (Desert Shield).

Met (and exchanged flight suits with) a French pilot who flew 2 engine turbo-prop cargo a/c back then.

Was able to correspond with him a couple of times, but lost touch.

His name: Frederic Tuvee

Any help would be great. Thanks.
kc135777

Talking Radalt
13th Feb 2006, 20:31
and exchanged flight suits with

:uhoh: Eh?

FCWhippingBoy
13th Feb 2006, 20:37
Must be a kind of post-match aircrew thing :uhoh:

KC135777
13th Feb 2006, 20:54
:uhoh: Eh?
As new friends, we exchanged souvenirs/gifts. I gave him a USAF flight suit, and he gave me one of his French AF flight suits (oh yeah, and patches too).

....something strange about that?

FCWhippingBoy
13th Feb 2006, 21:04
. o O ( Note to self - Don't tease the americans - they won't understand the humour )

Spitfire2
14th Feb 2006, 17:21
This guy was from my initial training course back in the 85's. Sorry mate, but I loose touch too.

STANDTO
14th Feb 2006, 18:06
Can you write to the french equivalent of Innsworth and get them to forward something to him, or maybe, if you can find out how french mil email addresses are constructed, insert his name and try and mail him?

French directory enquiries?

Advert in 'Le Monde'

Not helping much now, am I ?:hmm:

rugmuncher
14th Feb 2006, 18:25
Try here,

http://www.quidonc.fr/

or here:

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pb.cgi?lang=en

Ciao,,,,,:ok:

Jackonicko
14th Feb 2006, 19:08
Try writing to the editor of Air Actualité - the Armée de l'Air's in house glossy magazine.

Abonnements :
ECPAD - Departement Gestion des productions
(service abonnement)
2/8, rue du Fort d'Ivry
94 205 Ivry-sur-Seine Cedex

Or the Transall Wing has a website at

http://www.letouraine.fr.st/

I think there's an aircrew association sort of thing at

http://membres.lycos.fr/escadre/

brickhistory
17th Feb 2006, 20:37
. o O ( Note to self - Don't tease the americans - they won't understand the humour )

It's due to the extra vowels you insist upon inserting into words that don't need the help...

Cerberus
18th Feb 2006, 03:08
Brick,

Actually we didn't stick extra vowels in, you took them out because you couldn't spell. If you want make your own language why not call it 'uomerican' to remind you of all the vowels that you'll be missing. Just think of the paper and ink savings.

Cerberus:p

brickhistory
18th Feb 2006, 03:41
Luckily, just as FCwhipping boy seemed to lump ALL Americans into the "not having a sense of humor (humour for those that have the vowel addiction...), I, like all overweight, uneducated, geographically ignorant (but then when you live here you don't need the rest of the world!) Americans can afford the extra paper and ink while I drive the one block to purchase the items in my V-8 SUV that gets about .5 mpg.

There, that should capture most of the Yank stereotypes. Did I miss any?

:ok:

LateArmLive
18th Feb 2006, 09:25
You, like, soooooo didn't need to say that girlfriend! Uh-huh? :D

BEagle
18th Feb 2006, 09:45
Brickhistory, how about the stereotypical trailer-dwelling good ol' boy with a battered pickup (rusty old GMC or Dodge - never an import - with shotgun rack, roof spots, 9 ft CB antenna...radio beltin' out Tammy Wynette), one-eyed 'hunti'n dawg' - and a giggling half-wit buddy called Billie-Bob who "don't say much since he git his head kicked by a mule" - an' jus' drinks 'shine out of a jam jar? :p

The sort we used to chase in our Vulcans doing low level trips across the US in the 70s. You could spot the pick up driving along those arrow straight country roads in Kansas; a little tweak of the stick and we'd overtake him over the top at about 300 ft.......:E

brickhistory
18th Feb 2006, 16:45
BEagle,

Since I grew up in that climate (rural Georgia - but I'm feeling much better now!), I didn't think it weird.

Neat story of chasing Herr Redneck with a Vulcan; surprised that he didn't answer with a little flak from his 12 gauge.....

BEagle
18th Feb 2006, 16:59
After one of the 'close encounter with a redneck' events (another crew), some redneck contacted the local SAC base and threatened to do just that, the next time a low-flying bomber came to say hello. But, since SAC didn't really fly that low, the weenie at the other end asked him to describe the jet which had caused him so much grief....

"Dangest thing y'ever saw. Didn't have no tail an' thuh wings started at thuh nose"

Pretty accurate description of one of HM's Vulcans!

Another time we saw a strange looking structure just ahead of us. As we got closer, it seemed to be full of little brown specks which, as we got closer still, turned out to be cattle. I flew directly overhead it at perhaps slightly less than the approved height :E and then asked the Air Electronics Operator to take a peek in his rear view periscope to check the effect....

"Errmm...there is a HUGE cloud of dust and the cows appear to be a bit.... pi$$ed offf" quoth he.

I later discovered that this was something termed a 'feed lot' and probably contained thousands of the critters......oops, sorreeee!