PDA

View Full Version : EASA regulations will drive up costs according to the CAA

A and C
13th Feb 2006, 11:36
Take a look at THE LOOP February issue and you will see an artical on engineering. the head of maintenance regulation and policy at the CAA is quoted as saying "It's likely to increase costs because the Sub-part G approval, which is the equivalent to the current M3 approval, is a more formal approval."

The bottom line is that the EASA approval system is going to have the maintenance companys pushing more paper around before the aircraft leaves the hangar.

The flight safety value of this extra paperwork is a big fat ZERO as none of the money spent on it puts new parts on an aircraft or pays a man with a torch and a mirror to inspect the aircraft.

It's now time for a radical re-think of light aircraft maintenance regulation to produce less paperwork and release more of the GA industrys cash to maintain the aircraft rather than push paper around.

Time to write to your MP's guys !.

robin
13th Feb 2006, 12:05
Just sent it off to the local MP. Last time I had a letter from the CAA and Minister saying "sorry, but that's an issue for EASA"

A and C
13th Feb 2006, 15:01
Or may be it's the Euro MP's that we should write to.

robin
13th Feb 2006, 15:36
They were even worse. They were the ones who agreed EASA in the first place without having a clue what they were agreeing to. But its too late now, they said, it is in existence

A and C
13th Feb 2006, 19:12
Sent a letter to my Euro MP, I await the reply with interest!

Johnm
14th Feb 2006, 11:57
In my submission to the CAA review I suggested one of their roles might be to work on making sure that EASA regs on General Aviation were reasonable and proportionate and met the UK govt's better regulation guidelines. :}

Well I thought it was worth a try:E

bar shaker
14th Feb 2006, 13:07
What a contrast to the CAA making the LAEs push more paper around and pay substantially more, just to be called LAEs each year.

Pot/Kettle/"black"

A and C
14th Feb 2006, 13:13
Do you have a problem with LAE's ?

bar shaker
14th Feb 2006, 13:53
Quite the opposite.

It just amuses me when I read that one organisation, that taxes LAEs to within an inch of their lives, then tells the world that another organisation is introducing procedures that mean these people will cost more to use.