PDA

View Full Version : Charles Darwin University Correspondence

AEIO-540
13th Feb 2006, 08:48
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody has done the Charles Darwin University English, Maths or Physics correspondence courses to satisfy the QF requirement. How did you find them and how long would it take to do one of the courses?
Thanks for any helpful info. :ok:

Capt Claret
14th Feb 2006, 03:59
Haven't done any courses at CDU but strongly suggest you check the place out fairly well.

Sources indicate that the place is being micro-managed to hell and is dysfunctional as a university.

vh-oja
14th Feb 2006, 05:35
I did the English course via correspondence last semester.

You will need to allow around around 10 hours a week for study, the course is pretty simple and runs for 16 weeks. I believe there was around 10 assessments with no big exam at the end.

I found the lecturer very helpful, although I strongly agree with Capt. Claret that the University is over-administrated and seems to be dysfunctional as a whole. In order to get course material, results etc... you need to complain loudly and frequently to everyone as they transfer you to one another on the phone. :mad:

me speaks english good now:D

CoodaShooda
14th Feb 2006, 05:48
If you're doing it by correspondence, I'd check out the alternatives first.
Clarrie and oja are being polite in their descriptions. :mad:

The Voice
14th Feb 2006, 19:21
Hiya, I'm an external student of CDU's .. like everything - it is what you put in to it what you'll get out of it.

Yes there are some drama's - but if you're dead set serious about completing something for self enrichment, then you'll do it. You have access to lecturers and students, whether it is email telephone or face to face. A qualification is a qualification, don't think it matters where you obtain it, as long as it isn't from the proverbial wheat bix packet!

If there is something that I have learned - it doesn't matter which Uni you do a course through, it doesn't matter whether you are an external or an internal student, it doesn't matter which high filuting suburb you or it come from(that is just pure snobbery), each and every uni and each and every faculty will stomp on each and every student.

Trust me on that point.

tinpis
14th Feb 2006, 19:30
My boy goes there he likes it.

At least someone in the Tinpis family will speak English......... :)

Howard Hughes
14th Feb 2006, 23:14
For 8 bucks you can't go wrong, even with the mismanagement....:ok:

tinpis
15th Feb 2006, 01:47
Oh ...after doing the CDU maths and physics you will be looked at as if you have sh*t stuck to your shoes by the nannas in the QF selection panel?

AEIO-540
15th Feb 2006, 02:13
Why is that tinpis?

NAMPS
15th Feb 2006, 02:31
Just make sure that where ever you study, it is a recognised tertiary institution. Would be a shame to go through all that work just to find out you didn't go to the right place.

salin
15th Feb 2006, 05:29
I'd be interested in having a look at this list. Done the usual search but unable to locate anything. Thanks.

tinpis
15th Feb 2006, 06:24
NAMPS, if you request a list of "Accreditted tertiary providers of bridging courses for required Maths/Physics/English CDU is on the QF list for all three subjects, and tinpis I'm lost, why would ex cdu students be like that?
I was askin the same question

As woomer sez someone will lern english.

AEIO-540
16th Feb 2006, 02:42
Dr Oakenfold,

Check your PM's

tinpis
16th Feb 2006, 03:58
Dr Oakenfold....um..oh! :\