PDA

View Full Version : Writting Essays for Job Applications

Mark_ms
12th Feb 2006, 15:53
Hi,

Just starting the job hunting circuit and was wondering if anybody that has filled out and been successfull with there job application for BmiBaby could send me there essay answer to

"what attributes do you have that you could bring into a low-cost airline ? *(500 characters max)"

I am terrible at these things and could use a couple of succesfull answers to formulate my attempt.

Cheers.

benhurr
12th Feb 2006, 18:37
OK in 500 characters max.

It would be "their" rather than "there"

it is "answer to:"

successful? successfull? sucessfull? sucessful?

You only have 500 characters, I hope you would use them wisely.

You think I am being pedantic?

Best advice I can offer is:

"Think before you type, before you post your response to an online application."

P.S. Always tell the truth.

scroggs
12th Feb 2006, 19:42
The whole point of such questions is that you answer in your own words. This is not university, where online plagiarism scams can be used without fear of detection! You have to use your own knowledge, experience and imagination to answer as best you can.

Scroggs

Pilot Pete
12th Feb 2006, 19:49
Mark

You may not like it but benhurr is giving good advice there. As a group, pilots have lower Verbal Reasoning ability (which includes spelling), so you are not alone! This is characteristic of a group with higher technical ability, however, if you know you have a weakness it is vitally important that you do something about it and not just accept it. This will speak volumes to a potential employer, or rather the lack of doing something about it will!

As a general bit of guidance to all job seekers, get a few books from the library about grammar, spelling, punctuation and general use of the written word. It also provides a good talking point when asked at interview "what are your weaknesses?";) The important thing is to have DONE SOMETHING about your them!

Good luck.

PP

ps, not proof read my own post for spelling and grammatical errors as I have a job thank you very much!

dartagnan
12th Feb 2006, 21:17
what attributes do you have that you could bring into a low-cost airline ?

"I fly for free" take only 3 words!!!
or
"I pay you to work , I am a slut "is 4 words !

How I am going to write 500 words?
at least I tell the truth...

Parson
13th Feb 2006, 09:16
If you do write '500 words' you'll exceed the limit which is 500 characters. RTQ for a start.