PDA

View Full Version : Mid-levels Property Agent Scam

MJMJKG
12th Feb 2006, 10:49
I've been looking to buy a property in the mid-levels area and have unfortunately encountered an extremely unethical agent from one particular real estate agency located on Caine Road.

I've been here 6 years and have bought properties from agents before, but this guy takes the cake.

If you want to know who to avoid, email me and I'll let you know [email protected]

"Nobody does it better"

404 Titan
12th Feb 2006, 22:00
MJMJKG

Thanks for the heads up. Will be looking to buy some property hopefully in the next couple of months if the prices continue to decline as they have been. If you could PM me with who they were and what they did that would be great.

superfrozo
12th Feb 2006, 22:11
At the risk of "hijacking" this thread...

I was wondering if anyone currently "in the market" in HK would care to share his/her opinion of the expected trend in prices in the next 1-2 years or so? I will be moving to HK in this period and I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a property.

(To preempt the usual howls of "don't do anything based on advice from this forum!" I can assure punters that I will not hold anyone to their opinions, nor will I be purchasing based soley on their advice!:E )

Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.:ok:

frankg
13th Feb 2006, 03:05
What a shame, a Cathay pilot getting ripped off in the property market.

Boo hoo

MJMJKG
13th Feb 2006, 08:49
What a sad individual, did you miss out on a life somewhere mate??

I don't work for CX and I did not get ripped off I found out before the deal went thru, I was trying to help the many young people here like me who are battling as it is........... Your a ******** of the 1st degree

The Messiah
14th Feb 2006, 05:00
frankg

U.S carriers all going into Chapter 11 and you blokes all losing your jobs and careers.......what a shame!

Kharma can be a bitch eh :ok:

stillalbatross
3rd Mar 2006, 01:28
It's on about a 6 year cycle so most agents that are here for the long run and can see that they will be dealing with you for more than 5 minutes will admit that the market should drop substantially in late 2007- early 2008 as per the cycle as it's been doing repeatedly for the last 40 odd years.

If you're here for a while it doesn't really matter, most CX people forget that they haven't made a dime on their property until they actually sell it and go rent somewhere until the market drops and they buy back in again. Leaping up and down because the bank valuation is up 20% on what you paid isn't really the same as cash in your pocket.