PDA

View Full Version : Cape York Air

fascinating
12th Feb 2006, 00:15
Out of interest can anyone tell me how Cape York Air of Cairns are doing? Are they still operating and to what capacity?

DeafStar
12th Feb 2006, 00:35
Ive seen DMF and IYI parked in Townsville. They must have been sold.

I dont really know if they are still operating. I know they dont do the mail anymore.

Mainframe
12th Feb 2006, 02:41
fascinating, deafstar

Believed to be still operating, they are conducting some work out of TBTL, hence DMF and IYI parked there.

Understand crew position to YBTL as required, usually via the Skytrans service.

I checked the aircraft register on CASA's website, no change of ownership there unless it's just happened.

Understand the taxidriver tried to shut them down several times, they survived but it may have caused them to lose their core business.

Most former pilots have moved on upwards and now burn kero.

Not sure how many are left, probably only a couple.

The only aircraft sold was CYX, to Parafield, last year. Seems they don't want singles in their fleet anymore.

If you want some answers why not phone them, they may even oblige you with answers to your questions.

Flying Mechanic
12th Feb 2006, 07:26
Good old Cape York Air!!
Best flying I ever did was with them......did over 500 hours in CYX in the Straits!!I miss Badu and the local ladies. Shame to hear CYA is not the co it used to be.....lets hope things get better!!Cheers FM

DeafStar
12th Feb 2006, 09:44
Well I was told they had been sold (the two tvl a/c) to another operator?

Gday F.M! Gimme a call sometime.

All stations sassie!
Thanks for coming.

Flying Mechanic
12th Feb 2006, 17:27
all stations sassie.......the epic adventure of wildman flying Badu to Yam....and his mate Kev....!!