PDA

View Full Version : advice on AAC aptitude

toma38
11th Feb 2006, 09:26
:) Hello all,just new to this site and must say very impressed with some of the help and overall advice that can be obtained so to that end i was wondering if anyone out there could guide or advice me on how to prepare for AAC aptitude as i have no idea how to prepare correctly or what to expect.I know this question has probably been asked before but i cant seem to find it so i will ask it once again.Any sensible advice would be most appreciated and taken onboard.......hope someone can help all the best..toma38.:ok:

ProfessionalStudent
11th Feb 2006, 13:06
The AAC do Aptitude Testing?:E

Tourist
11th Feb 2006, 13:37
Beat me to it, bugger!

HEDP
11th Feb 2006, 15:21
AAC aptitude testing is carried out by the Royal Air Force to the same standards as thier own.

BellEndBob
11th Feb 2006, 15:26
Wear a baseball cap, refer to aircraft as 'MT' and burn your school qualifications.:ok:

maccer82
11th Feb 2006, 16:29
The AAC apptitude tests are done at RAFC Cranditz with the RAF/RN potentials. The only real difference is that you only need 80 rather than the 120 needed for RAF/RN as the AAC rely on their flying grading system at Middle Wallop where you have 13 hours of flying to prove that you are worth spending their money on.

For the tests it is best to be up to scratch on your maths, speed/distance/time and others like that. Also their are multi tasking 'games' where you have to match colours, answer simple sums and memorise random groups of letters and/or numbers at the same time. There are others but it has been over a year since i did it, and i have slept since!

Also be aware that the AAC dont need good pilots as officers, they need good officers that can fly, their regime tends to favour NCO pilots.

As long as you know your arse from your elbow you should get the 80 points, but good luck anyway!

Mac.

ProfessionalStudent
11th Feb 2006, 19:08
Posted by HEDP

"AAC aptitude testing is carried out by the Royal Air Force to the same standards as thier[sic] own."

Yeah right.

mutleyfour
11th Feb 2006, 21:17
Posted by HEDP
"AAC aptitude testing is carried out by the Royal Air Force to the same standards as thier[sic] own."
Yeah right.

Boring old banter...change the record PP

Safety_Helmut
11th Feb 2006, 21:50
Don't know much about the aircrew, but the aptitude of their maintainers is about that of a poorly educated chimpanzee !

S_H