PDA

View Full Version : Phuket 747 departs LGW

TheOddOne
7th Feb 2006, 21:38
The Phuket 747 HS-VAN that has graced our Apron for a while departed this evening, airborne @ 2145. No drama, 4 engines turning, rotated at the midpoint, nice clean climbout, flight 12 hrs direct BKK.

TOO

Dash-7 lover
7th Feb 2006, 21:55
Well there's a first for everything - still gotta get land yet!

SpiritofAus
8th Feb 2006, 09:37
What was the problem with the aircraft for it to be at LGW for so long.

I also heard Air Phuket has been black listed by certain European Countries.

apaddyinuk
8th Feb 2006, 11:14
Basically Spirit, it has been impounded at LGW since the safety scares last year!!!

spanishflea
9th Feb 2006, 22:45
What was the problem with the aircraft for it to be at LGW for so long.
I also heard Air Phuket has been black listed by certain European Countries.

They have, and supposedly no longer exist as such so I assume it was returned to BKK for preparation for another operator, or for slightly more economical storage.

Tolsti
11th Feb 2006, 10:00
Found this on a Thai website....
''Phuket Air 747 is used to charter Japan self defence personnel stationned in Irak. It flies charter runs between Kumamoto (Island of Kyushu South Japan) and Kuwait via Bangkok.
The flights are contracted through Orient Thai which sub-contract to Phuket Air as they only have old Tristar and not enough capacity for this job''
I feel pity for the poor Jap servicemen!!
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59892&pid=640952&st=0&#entry640952

Engineeraaron
20th Feb 2006, 21:07
My Mates dad was onr of the boroscope engineers who looked at the engines and they wernt in too good of a condition so it was grounded but P&R came out and said its ok for it fo fly, it was something about the 3rd cycle

tso310
20th Feb 2006, 21:29
Thai Sky is actually operating this aircraft. They also have obtained another ex-Phuket B747 . Thai Sky also have a long term agreement to run cargo flights to Iraq from Sharjah. They use their L1011 cargo conversion for this.