PDA

View Full Version : The new Low value Purchasing Training course.

Northern Circuit
7th Feb 2006, 08:38
Well what a 'peach' of an on line course that was.

A complete waste of an afternoon to replace a card thats only used for paying hotel bills.

Thanks to the scribbly that thought that gem up.

'just poppin off now to see if there are any tanks on e-bay'

NS

Roland Pulfrew
7th Feb 2006, 11:54
'just poppin off now to see if there are any tanks on e-bay'
NC not quite 'tanks' but try this:;)
http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=40&Overide=0

PPRuNeUser0211
7th Feb 2006, 11:57
dibs on the mondeo....

Cambridge Crash
7th Feb 2006, 15:30
Yeah, great idea, buy an armoured sedan that has been compromised...

CC

The Helpful Stacker
7th Feb 2006, 15:51
I agree, I had to do the LVP course the other year. A completely over-blown course.

How many examples do you need to complete to know its a bit naughty to spend Aunty Betty's money on hookers, drugs and hard liquor?

Pontius Navigator
7th Feb 2006, 19:30
I failed to complete the course. Decided it used more time and brain cells than I was prepared to use.

"Just sign the form and send it back"

I punched a hole in the card and sent IT back. Now I want something I just tell the LPO clerk, THEY do the research, THEY carry the can if it was available through service sources etc etc.

Just saved 750 sheets by not buying something sitting in stores. Guess if I had waited a while I could have paid a fraction in the surplus store.

BTW, most surplus kit is BRAND NEW just old.

southside
9th Feb 2006, 21:54
Is this the same course that comes on a CD and you complete it at your own leaisure?

ratty1
9th Feb 2006, 21:57
leaisure?

What are you trying to say? Come on speak up...................:confused:

southside
9th Feb 2006, 22:02
well, if its the same one as we received, you take it home and whack it into yr PC and do it there. Takes about 20 mins and prints out a completed certificate at the end. Jobs a good un.

Northern Circuit
10th Feb 2006, 10:31
A top tip is to open up two applications.............fill em in at the same time.

Tis pretty difficult to get less than 100% on the second one ;)