PDA

View Full Version : Over the Hill??

Torres
7th Feb 2006, 02:22
As this is a Rumours and Questions Forum..........

.....is it true that a Travel Agent of some note (or notoriety?) who frequents these forums and has a love for the old East-West Fokkers, will be "over the line" - and probably over the hill - tomorrow, Wednesday, February 8, 2006???

Torres

P.S. Happy Birthday for the Big Five-O Ron! May you have many more........ :} :} :} :}

Pinky the pilot
8th Feb 2006, 04:31
Only the big five-o?? :uhoh:
Struth; he's only a young b****r!!:ok: :ok:
Have a good one Ron!!

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Woomera
8th Feb 2006, 04:33
Yeah Pinky. He certainly hasn't weathered too well.......... :}

Disco Stu
8th Feb 2006, 08:58
I bet being "outed" like that here will make him a bit LOCO.

Congrats Ron. They say life begins at 40, well at 50 life begins every morning:ok:

DS

P|_azbot
8th Feb 2006, 09:06
I am sure he will start his mid life crisis, go work for Flight Centre and hook up with one of the bimbos he so despises.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
8th Feb 2006, 09:11
Don't believe them 'son'......
Life REALLY gets going at 60!!!!!
Keep it up!!!!!!!!!:ok:

p.s. This Fokker is NOT a Messerschmidt........

gaunty
8th Feb 2006, 09:16
But a mere child.:{

Have a good one Ron, you've now got as many behind you as you are likely to have in front of you, use em wisely.:ok: :cool:

Oh and when the young women are smiling at you, it's because you remind them of their fathers.:p :sad:

OzExpat
8th Feb 2006, 12:45
Oh and when the young women are smiling at you, it's because you remind them of their fathers. :p:sad:
I don't think that's completely true gaunty, unless the physique is the same, of course! :} :p

The Voice
8th Feb 2006, 22:06
Happy birthday to a bloke who's been around a bit! As one who's not that far behind, I'm taking notes on the life after 40 bit! :E

john_tullamarine
9th Feb 2006, 00:21
"Oh and when the young women are smiling at you, it's because you remind them of their fathers"

.. I have that problem most of the daylight hours .. only my worry is that I've forgotten to do my shorts up properly again that morning ... and that they are only doing their best not to fall about with gratuitous mirth and laughter. Ten or so years ago I still would look at a young thing .. no interest in talking to her .. they all seem to speak a totally incomprehensible language ... but perhaps she had an attractive mother .. now I wonder if she has an attractive grandmother ...

I think I can remember 50 .. ah yes ..

The only thing I have going for me is that Gaunty is decades older than I am .... mind you, after a night on the port with him I tend to get closer to his greybeard standing .. or, at least, it feels that way ... I really am going to have to take up drinking water again one of these days ...

Well done, Ron .. may you have a great many more.

Centaurus
9th Feb 2006, 02:26
I'll bite - who the hell is "Ron"? And what dose he do for a crust?

Woomera
9th Feb 2006, 02:52
Centaurus

Ron = Later Ron

What's he do for a crust? Not much, although he has been known to hang around airports waiting for the cleaners to bring off the galley scraps!

:} :}

You probably know him here as EastWest Loco!!!

And if you are all wondering at his absence in this thread, he hasn't "thrown a wobbly" - I am advised he is "on leave", no internet access and even his mobile phone is on divert!!

So you can post anything you like about him, with impunity! :E

Woomera

Eastwest Loco
12th Feb 2006, 21:41
Ok - I'm back!!! Play nice!!

Thanks Torres, Woomeri and everyone for the backhanded best wishes.

As one Woomera already knows, I have my mid life crisis parked out the back of the office. Ahhhhh - gotta love them 21 year old topless redheads.

As for the Flight Centre chick theory Pb- all very well and good if you know the rules.

Rule #1. The ones with runny noses are already full. :p

Best regards all

EWL

185skywagon
12th Feb 2006, 21:57
All through the "night".:ok:
Happy half century, Ron.

cheers,