PDA

View Full Version : Medical requirements when conducting a skill test

european champion
6th Feb 2006, 18:13
I just asked CAA about medical requirements when doing a flight test for an IR renewal and they told me that the Medical doesnt have to be valid when conducting a skill test because the examiner will be PIC and use his medical.
Im trying to find this information in the JAR but i cant find it,anyone knows where i should look?

Flyin'Dutch'
6th Feb 2006, 18:20
I just asked CAA about medical requirements when doing a flight test for an IR renewal and they told me that the Medical doesnt have to be valid when conducting a skill test because the examiner will be PIC and use his medical.
Im trying to find this information in the JAR but i cant find it,anyone knows where i should look?

Horse's mouth not good enough?

:)

Dufo
6th Feb 2006, 18:29
My (first) MEP/IR renewal is due next week - are you sure that it is the examiner who is acting as PIC on skill test?

european champion
6th Feb 2006, 18:52
Thats what i was told,the exact words from the lady that i asked were 'you dont need a medical on a skill test because you can use the examiner's medical'.
I m just looking for the regulation to confirm in case i didnt understand right or she didnt understand right.

Lee-a-Roady Moor
15th Feb 2006, 22:16
My (first) MEP/IR renewal is due next week - are you sure that it is the examiner who is acting as PIC on skill test?

Well, the examiner will probably sign the tech log in his/her name, but upon successful completion of said test, you are entitled to enter the time in your logbook as PIC.

If you do not have a valid medical, I doubt you would be in a position to act as PIC and therefore make an entry as PIC.

Although I cannot locate the required info, I believe that a valid medical is appropriate.

However, why spend money on a renewal, if there is a risk of not passing the medical? Better to have the required piece of paper stuffed into shirt pocket and be able produce it if asked, rather than risk "failing" the test without having flown it, IMO.

Judging by the dates of posting on this thread, you will likely has completed the test at this stage. Can you offer an update, or maybe you weren't asked for the certificate.