PDA

View Full Version : how long have you waited??

gwtw
6th Feb 2006, 14:29
I think it would be beneficial to those (like myself), financially planning their aviation career (modular) to know
1) how many recently qualified modular students out there have had to also pay for a Type Rating?
2) any modulars had airlines pay for it for them (non-bonded)? ..if so where did u train!??
3) after completing modular training, how long did you wait for your first interview/job? ......or are u still waiting.
Obviously nobody can speak for everybody, but enough feedback would give at least a very rough sort of average!:8

smith
6th Feb 2006, 16:27
Dont think it would give an average as many people do not read pprune (wannabe's) anymore when they get employed as they are not wannabe's anymore and read other pages.

ali1
6th Feb 2006, 18:19
Ok mate this is what happened to me.

Finished training Apr 03, worked in a bank for nine months and then was a dispatcher for a year. Got a full time FI job in Mar 05, Sept 05 got a job RHS 737.

I'm 22 and I did my CPL/IR at BCFT bournemouth

Time from training to AIRLINE job 2 1/2 years.

Ali1

gwtw
6th Feb 2006, 22:12
Ali,

cheers mate......that is exactly what i am looking for. TOs spin u so much mince on everyone getting jobs.

real life stories paint the better picture

anyone else?

the lord
6th Feb 2006, 23:00
Hello

I have 24 years :O and I started the career of pilot when I have 19 years old.I started in 2000 and I finished on december of 2002.

In the midle of 2003 I make instructor (FI) at day of today I donīt work like instructor, because it is difficult and when you try to find job out side of Spain, the request hours like instructor. :{

At day of today Iīm waiting to work in a company, but for the moment I donīt know when. So Imagine if the career of the pilot since September 2001 Itīs too difficult to find job.

For example in Spain, there are more or less 4500 pilots without work, so imagine, more of them are working in differents works,and it can be possible than never work like pilot.

This is the reality:\

cabeza
8th Feb 2006, 18:30
I did modular training over 4 years, finished the MCC in Jan 2005 got hired on a regional jet with 200hrs TT in march 2005, I am 27. Didnt pay for the rating!

Right time right place guys

MD11Man
8th Feb 2006, 23:42
Good luck guys.

I'm 22, started training in July 2003, finished July 2005, joining a flag carrier in 2 weeks.