PDA

View Full Version : Need HKG Cell Phone Provider

Pogie
5th Feb 2006, 18:47
Hi,
I'm on a NAM freighter basing and am currently using an Orange (actually now called "3") Sim Card in my HKG phone. I just recharge the card when I need more minutes. The problem with these SIM cards is that they do not have voice mail, so if someone calls me when I'm not in HKG, I will never know or get a message.
Can someone recommend a cell phone provider that I can sign up with that provides voice mail without rediculously expensive monthly service charges? I really just want the voicemail and the ability to make the occasional local call or call to North America.
Thanks!
Pogie

Busbert
6th Feb 2006, 03:48
Most providers will only retain the voicemail message for a few days, so it will be no good getting a voicemail feature if you are outside HKG for an extended period.
Make sure you specify to the provider how you will intend to use the service to avoid disappointment.

Ka-life
6th Feb 2006, 04:39
I would recomend you to get a skype in account with www.skype.com. You will then have a HKG phone no and can log on to skype on internet and check your voicemail.