PDA

View Full Version : That question: "Licence Type"

WX Man
5th Feb 2006, 17:57
How do people answer it? I mean, what *exactly* do you write?

Either:

FATPL
ATPL (frozen)
CPL/IR (ATPL subjects passed)

etc etc...

Fellow Aviator
5th Feb 2006, 18:37
I would write CPL since fATPL is not recognised by JARs. Also, I would state that I have done an ATPL theory course. CVs (if you are referring to those) should be kept accurate.

mad_jock
5th Feb 2006, 19:19
I would use.

JAR CPL/IR

Dude~
5th Feb 2006, 19:50
If you have a blue book with 'Commercial Pilot Licence' written on it then write CPL (CPL-IR if you have an IR)

There is no such licence as 'Frozen ATPL'. The term only indicates that the holder of a CPL-IR has completed the ground exam requirements for issue of an ATPL.

If your licence says 'Airline Transport Pilot Licence' then you have an ATPL. (Not sure what colour it is, haven't got one yet)

Charlie Zulu
5th Feb 2006, 20:18
The ATPL book used to be a very dark green in UK CAA days... so should still be the same unless they have changed it since JAA. I saw a friends ATPL, I don't have one yet...

south coast
5th Feb 2006, 20:40
yes, dark green...

i used to write, cpl/ir [me] (atpl theory exams completed)

Strepsils
6th Feb 2006, 10:30
Several UK airlines who have on-line application forms include "Frozen ATPL" as one of the options for answering this question. It may not be an actual licence but it is most definitely recognised in the UK and saves you writing CPL/IR + MCC + 14 ATPL's passed.

In short, if applying in or to the UK, I'd use Frozen ATPL. If elsewhere CPL/IR blah blah de blah.