PDA

View Full Version : 38 Gp??

BEagle
4th Feb 2006, 22:26
Has 38 Gp been re-invented?
From the latest NOTAMs for Brize:

OTH : Q)EGTT/QOBCE/IV/M/A/000/999/5145N00135W005
FROM 06/02/01 16:55 TO PERM U0262/06

E)NEW AIRFIELD OBSTRUCTION. NON FRANGIBLE ARRESTOR GEAR HOUSING 2.5NM BY 2.5 BY 2.5. 78.6M FROM RCL SOUTHSIDE AT THE 5000FT TO GO POINT FOR RWY 08 AND 26. HQ 38GP ATC HAS GIVEN DISPENSATION FOR MILITARY AIRCRAFT TO OPERATE IN THE VICINITY OF THE ARRESTOR GEAR HOUSING.

Aside from which, a 2.5 nautical mile non frangible arrestor gear housing sounds pretty impressive....:ooh:

The Gorilla
4th Feb 2006, 23:02
Beagle

Do you need to get out more?

:)

FFP
5th Feb 2006, 08:29
By the letter of the law, being 78.6m from the RCL, this would reduce the declared distances published would it not ? :ok:

BEagle
5th Feb 2006, 08:46
Even I am not sad enough to download NOTAMs without reason!

For the Flying Club I have set up an online NOTAM system at the AIS website. Members need to enter with the username and password I've provided, then go to the NOTAM section and look at 'Area 1'. That is an area ± 40 miles up to FL 050 around a track encompassing Midhurst, Yeovilton, Shawbury, Cottesmore and back to Midhurst, plus the aerodromes we normally use (Brize, Wellesbourne Mountford and Benson). The area thus formed provides NOTAM cover within the area of our local flying - so no more having to read about rocket firing in the Outer Hebrides or all those kite-chasing birds of prey in Yorkshire. The only housekeeping requirment is to enter the next day's date sometime in the previous evening.

I always wondered whether the famously NOTAM'd flock of birds crossing the the runway at Manchester ever made it to the other side! 't Bungling Baron's racing vultures, perhaps?