PDA

View Full Version : Farewell YCOB

cap71n
4th Feb 2006, 07:55
For all who don't already know, the powers that be have decided to sell off the land that YCOB is (was) presently situated on. The last flying day was 29/12/05, and the crosses were painted on the runways the day after.

The college is holding a fly past and celebration of the airports life on 5/1/06. If, like me, you can't make it, then feel free to post any of your (positive!) memories of the place instead.

RIP YCOB, and thanks to everyone who made my time there so wonderful.

:{

OZBUSDRIVER
4th Feb 2006, 09:02
YCOB=Cooranbong/Avondale School of Aviation.

P|_azbot
4th Feb 2006, 11:39
Cooranbong and Aero Pelican all at once pretty much. Is YMND next? Or YWVA?

disco_air
4th Feb 2006, 11:55
I'm guessing Cooranbong also fallen into the terrible spiral of subdivision on the central coast, resulting in hectare after hectare of project-home residential estate?

Wont be long before Warnervale sees this fate too.

We need an aviation oriented person with lots of money to buy these airport lands and not allow it to be redeveloped!

Dick? hahahahah :}

...Disco

P|_azbot
4th Feb 2006, 12:32
Actually, I BELIEVE that Dick buying YWVA will revitalise GA. If he does not, he is just being an enemy.

Induced Turbulence
4th Feb 2006, 13:26
Cap71n
You mentioned the college is holding a flypast/celebration 5/1/06. Is that a typo or has it already happened?
A shame that the college has buckled at the knees to the developers, however it seems to be the trend.

turbantime
4th Feb 2006, 19:28
Where is Avondale school of Aviation relocating to?

cap71n
5th Feb 2006, 00:50
Sorry, typo. Flyby on 5th Feb. They have relocated to CNK, and from all indications operations are as normal (and a really good intake of students!!)
Cheers,
71n.

tinpis
5th Feb 2006, 03:32
Ten years ago 2 wise men invested $1 million each.
One invested in Sydney real estate the other in GA

Who ended up with the most toys?

(hypothetical)

CaptainToBe
5th Feb 2006, 09:59
Flying has commenced at YCNK, however; the theory/classroom work is still being done at Cooranbong.

Tinpis2
6th Feb 2006, 01:32
:{ The best school ever