PDA

View Full Version : Going from Oz to NZ for fresh CPL

flying_flick
4th Feb 2006, 07:19
Been reading the 'Fresh New CPL's Working in Canada' (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208650) post and I was more interested in looking at something closer to home. Are employment opportunities any better for a fresh CPL in NZ or is it same old crap?
Also I am quite interested in moving over there so what would i have to do to get my CPL and MEIR transferred to NZ?
Cheers Flick

turbolager
6th Feb 2006, 01:20
same old crap, except there's a lot less planes, a lot less jobs, similar unemployed pilot ratios, and the pay is worse. Usually quite a lot worse. Stay on your side of the ditch :)
conversion is easy, go to caa.govt.nz and check out the TTMRA trans tasman mutual recognition agreement.

JetABro
6th Feb 2006, 03:13
pay isn't better, employment opertunities are about the same. just like oz, it's best to know someone in a job that can give you the inside info.
TTMRA is simiple, but you have to do a IR flight test to use your IR. but if it's your first job (or i guess any job) i would wait till they say you need it.
just like oz, call and visit the operators. most of them will reply to letters and emails but it dosen't mean much. NZ is a small country so it's best to make the effort.
good luck mate.
oh yeah, NZ is bloody expensive, except for beer.