PDA

View Full Version : PNG Otter video

belowMDA
4th Feb 2006, 01:25
About a year ago now, while doing some training in Melbourne, I saw a video on computer of what looked like someones high quality home video of landing and taking off from various strips in PNG. Does anyone out there also know of this file and know how I may be able come by it? From memory it was a couple of hundred meg and a little eye opening for those of us who have not flown there.

regards from down below...

Nokuya
4th Feb 2006, 01:55
belowMDA,

I actually have the video, but it is on a DVD... Although I left a copy at my old flying school in Archerfield, Brisbane (Royal Queensland Aero Club).....on their computer as PNG Bush Flying....so if you know anyone there?

Anyway, just message me on the logistics if you want the DVD, as it is quite a big file...

Cheers,

Nokuya...:)

tinpis
4th Feb 2006, 02:21
Is it Talair do you know or god botherers?

Dry_Twotter
4th Feb 2006, 05:33
APNG, starring P2-MBA, P2-MCB

Chimbu chuckles
4th Feb 2006, 05:45
So how does one get a copy....I have a fair few hrs in MBA.

Who was flying it in the video?

I have broadband...could we host it somewhere and then download it? I have a Fototime account if that helps.

Chuckles.

wishtobflying
4th Feb 2006, 06:24
I second the download option - might bring back some memories.

Woomera
4th Feb 2006, 06:52
Chuck, he said it was a couple of hundred meg............ :{

kumul1
4th Feb 2006, 07:09
Hey Chuck, next time you pass through the sandpit call one of the wantoks, and for a couple of beers, a copy could be arranged.:ok:

WangFunk
4th Feb 2006, 10:16
Captain S.Teague and co.

I got the vid too. Simons a great guy

Chimbu chuckles
4th Feb 2006, 11:21
Kumul1....cool, that'll be on the 14th Feb:ok:

turbolager
6th Feb 2006, 01:17
I'd love to see this video. I'd be happy to host it as well, I have a high speed web server in the states. PM me if you want to upload it I'll make it available to people as bandwidth permits (a dozen or so downloads shouldnt be a problem)

tinpis
6th Feb 2006, 01:21
Yeh wot turbo says.....

belowMDA
6th Feb 2006, 18:39
Nokuya thanks for the offer dude. I am in NZ so it may be a little difficult to pick up, but if we are all amenable to turbolager's offer then that would be great. I have a soft spot in my heart for Otters and it breaks me that I never flew one, just the knock off version; the Nomad.

wateroff
6th Feb 2006, 21:59
Nokuya,

Long time no see, i trust you completed it all and well i hope.

Hope all is well

SS

Pro777
25th Apr 2006, 13:57
Just kicking this thread back to the top as it sounds like a pretty inspirational and admirable DVD a lot of people would be interested in seeing.

Does anyone know where I can obtain this DVD? I'll happily pay for it to be sent to me and organise for it to be hosted for all to see (if the author agrees). :ok:

MJM

RTB RFN
26th Apr 2006, 06:01
Ditto to all of that:

"I WANT THAT ONE"

Please make it so, those who can!

turbolager
26th Apr 2006, 09:33
I'm really keen to see this. So if someone can get it, my offer to the twotter luvvas still stands :8