PDA

View Full Version : Ba G-bnwd

pp763
3rd Feb 2006, 17:25
Hi,
I've noticed that BA have been using WD on the MAN-JFK-MAN run for many days now while WH is in for the refit. Now then, has WD been converted to long haul config or are BA that short on 767's to do the job? It states that the max takeoff weight for WD is only 158,000kgs. Whats going on here?
Also I guess this is the first time it's been state side since it was built!
All the best

gps117
3rd Feb 2006, 17:33
its been converted to longhaul config

apaddyinuk
3rd Feb 2006, 17:35
BA are in the process of converting 4 EF 767's to WW config. BNWD is one of these aircraft!
Once the MAN a/c is refitted that will spell the end of the Cradle Seat!!!

tomatolover
3rd Feb 2006, 23:26
With the exception of the eight Bmed airbus's with their cradle seats in club world.

flyer55
4th Feb 2006, 10:45
Does anybody know if the new Airbus's that BMED are getting if they will be in the new Club World or the dated Craddle seat?

747-436
4th Feb 2006, 11:24
BMED Still have the craddle seat

tomatolover
4th Feb 2006, 18:09
They've redesigned it slightly, it has a bigger tv screen now, with on demand viewing, power point for lap tops, and is slightly, i stress slightly, less uncomfortable. The two most recent aircraft have these seats, with all the additions to have the same. No plans to replace the older planes' seats with them yet though.

apaddyinuk
4th Feb 2006, 19:27
Duh, oh yeah, forgot about the Bmed seats. Mind you, I saw a picture of the newer versions and they dont look too bad at all. I always found the cradle seat very comfortable and ideal for anything under 8 hours or so and for daylight flights!